HP Designjet 4000 Printer series
SKU: HP Designjet 4000 Printer series (hp Office Products)
This series offers high-speed color and black-and-white printing with remote printer management.
Powered by the new HP Double Swath technology, the HP Designjet 4000 series offers high-speed color and black-and-white printing up to 42 inches wide, complete with outstanding line accuracy, image quality, and remote printer management.
FeaturesDouble the print capacity*
- HP Double Swath technology - twice the performance in color and black-and-white. With two long-life HP printheads for each color, get a wider print swath and a higher firing frequency that enables fast printing. Get 2 D/A1-size prints in color and black-and-white in less than 1 minute. The embedded processor delivers fast, simultaneous processing and printing up to 100 D/A1-size prints per hour. Quickly incorporate last-minute changes to meet even your toughest deadlines. Compared to any HP Designjet 600/700/800/1000 series printer. Mechanical printing time. Speed indicated is maximum printer speed; speeds may vary based on printing conditions. Multi-copy printing; total printing time.
- Fast, simultaneous processing and printing. Experience fast, simultaneous processing and printing thanks to the embedded processor. This robust series comes equipped with 256 MB of memory that can be expanded up to 512 MB for excellent performance on even your most complex jobs.
- Driverless multi-file printing. Save time with the driverless multi-file printing workflow, that is operating system independent and simply requires a TCP/IP connection and a standard Web browser. Experience support for a wide range of formats, including TIFF, JPEG, CALS/G4, HP-RTL, and HP-GL/2, Adobe® PostScript level 3 and PDF 1.5 to help quickly and accurately finish any job. Only HP Designjet 4000ps Printer supports PDF 1.5 and Adobe PostScript Level 3.
- High image quality and line accuracy up to 0.1 percent. Patented HP inks and sophisticated HP printhead technology support small drop sizes. With up to 2400 x 1200 dpi, and using HP supplies, get outstanding image quality with thin, continuous and accurate color lines, and excellent photos and renders with more details in shadows.
- HP Professional Color. Get excellent color consistency and screen-to-print matching with HP Professional Color technologies, including enhanced sRGB printing and AdobeRGB, Closed Loop Color (CLC), TIFF and JPEG with embedded ICC profiles, and enhanced graphic features in the PostScript unit.
- Flexible support for a wide range of media. Support from plain paper to a wide range of specialty media, including canvas and glossy, up to 42 inches/1067mm wide. Giving you the versatility you need, this series accommodates rolls up to 300 ft/90 m, comes equipped with a standard bin that holds 50 E/A0-size prints, and has a manual sheet feed that supports sizes starting from B/A3-sized media.
- HP Embedded Web Server. Use HP Web Server to remotely manage printer, ink and media usage. Gain complete remote control over all consumables. Reset print job priorities at any stage to save time, get driverless multi-file submission to increase productivity, re-print stored jobs, preview print jobs to avoid surprises, view and save accounting information to monitor ink and media consumption, send service print screens to HP quick troublshooting, preview supplies and printer status, and get error notifications.
- HP Web Jetadmin software - provides easy printer administration. HP Web Jetadmin plug-in for the HP Designjet 4000 Printer series gives network managers a single support tool to install, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot a wide range of network-connected devices. Accessible from any standard Web browser, this software offers an intuitive interface and provides optimum convenience.
- HP Smart printing technology. HP Smart printing technology, in HP supplies and in the printer, enables automatic alerts for timely cartridge replacement. Remote diagnostics, job tracking and accounting to help you to stay proactive and productive. Additionally, HP Smart printing technology confirms that genuine HP printing cartridges have been installed correctly. Using genuine HP supplies ensures availability of all HP printing features.
- Minimize support costs and maximize uptime. Depend on the world-renowned reliability of HP printers and printing supplies to minimize support costs and maximize uptime. Support for self-troubleshooting, HP Active Phone for easier diagnosis, customer forums, real-time firmware upgrades, driver updates, extended warranty, and post-warranty service options.
- Model sizes: 42 in
- Resolution: Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi from 1200 x 1200 dpi input on glossy media
- Maximum print length: 295 ft (application dependent)
Product SpecificationsMedia / ink
- Maximum print length: 295 ft (application dependent)
- Media types: Paper (plain, inkjet, coated, heavyweight coated, super heavyweight coated, semi-gloss, glossy, translucent bond, natural tracing, photo, vellum), film, canvas
- Media handling: Manual single sheetfed, manual roll feed, automatic cutter
- Print cartridges: 4 (1 each black, cyan, magenta, yellow)
- Ink types: Black pigmented, CMY dye based
- Prints colors: Yes
- Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
- Print quality, black: Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi from 1200 x 1200 dpi input on glossy media
- Print quality, color: Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi from 1200 x 1200 dpi input on glossy media
- Print languages, std.: 4000ps: Adobe PostScript Level 3, Adobe PDF 1.5, HP-GL/2, HP-RTL,TIF, JPEG, CALS-G4 4000: HP-GL/2, HP-RTL, TIFF, JPEG, CALS-G4
- Memory, std.: 256 MB (main memory), 96 MB (imaging memory)
- Memory, max.: 512 MB
- Hard disk: 40 GB
- Connectivity, std.: Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps), FireWire (IEEE-1394a compliant), 1 EIO slot
- Connectivity, opt.: HP Jetdirect 620n LAN Card, HP Jetdirect 40d Gigabit Print Server for the HP Designjet 4000 Printer series, HP Designjet 4000 Printer series High speed USB 2.0 card
- Print drivers, std.: HP-GL/2 , HP-RTL Windows drivers, PS Windows drivers, ADI driver for AutoCAD R14, support for AutoCAD 200x, support for Citrix MetaFrame environments, PS driver for Mac OS 9.1, 9.2, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 76 x 31.5 x 53.2 in
- Weight, U.S.: 253 lb