HP Designjet 5500 Printer Series
SKU: HP Designjet 5500 Printer Series (hp Office Products)
HP's best large-format image quality for print service providers, retailers, and graphics professionals
The HP Designjet 5500 series printers turn around ready-to-sell-and-distribute prints at some of the fastest speeds available -- without compromising image quality. With HP's intelligent printing solutions, print service providers, GIS professionals, and graphics designers will benefit from a simplified workflow, unattended operation, and flexible options that serve a variety of customers or departments.
- Fast printing that's ready to sell or distribute -- new production print modes deliver professional image quality at speeds of 100 sq ft/hr output for glossy and 189 sq ft/hr for coated (available with dye ink) media; 569 sq ft/hr printing using maximum speed mode
- Printing when you need it -- transfer files at up to 4.5 megabytes per second using a powerful HP jetdirect 615n print server card.
- Superb photo quality for all your large-format printing -- a six ink, 1200 dpi writing system (1200 by 600 dpi on glossy media) and HP color layering technology provide a wide color gamut, continuous tones, and smooth color transitions.
- Match customer or corporate-specific colors -- HP designjet 5500ps provides PANTONE color matching for printing. You can print spot or process colors directly from your application.
- Consistent color throughout the entire job run -- automatic closed-loop color calibration guarantees color consistency from the first print to the last.
- Predictable color management -- HP designjet 5500ps supports offset printing emulations and ICC profiles for Macintosh and Windows for easy integration into your color workflow.
- Easy connectivity for multiplatform environments -- new Web-file submitter provides a direct printing path using a driverless printing workflow for UNIX, Linux, Mac OS, and Windows environments.
- Time-saving internal file management and storage - eliminate resending time for large files sent through the Web-file submitter; 40 GB hard disk stores large jobs even if the printer's power is turned off.
- Remote management - HP designjet webaccess uses any computer's Web browser for convenient, remote access to configurable printer alerts, job management, printer status, and ink and media usage.