HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer M401dne
SKU: HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer M401dne (hp Office Products)
Optimize your day-to-day workflow. Share printing resources on a network and take advantage of fast print speeds. Be productive and save paper using automatic two-sided printing.
- Easy to install, easy to use
- Take advantage of easy-to-use features. Install and start working fast with the HP Universal Print Driver. Easily manage print jobs with the 2-line display, and replace toner cartridges with ease.
- Set up anywhere in the office with built-in wireless printing. Use HP Auto Wireless Connect to configure networking. Take advantage of built-in Ethernet to share printing resources on a network.
- Set up this printer quickly in your IT environment, using the HP Universal Print Driver.
- Receive consistent results with Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges, and reorder with HP SureSupply.
- Save IT time and costs by centralizing printer management with HP Web Jetadmin.
- Operate your printer with ease, using the 2-line display.
- Professional-quality output for great value.
- Produce professional-quality business prints with bold, crisp text and sharp images.
- Manage your workflow with intuitive features right on the printer. An easy-access USB port enables printing directly from a flash drive.
- Depend on a printer with up to 3000-page recommended monthly page volume—the ideal fit for reliable printing.
- Save money by saving energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology powers your printer up and down automatically.
- Save time with easy-to-install Original HP cartridges, and save more with high-capacity cartridges.
- Enhanced productivity—increased mobility
- Print from your smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint.
- Reliably print up to 3000 pages a month. With a high recommended monthly page volume from this dependable printer, you can trust HP to help you handle most print jobs.
- Share printing resources with an Ethernet network. Automatic two-sided printing helps save paper.
- Boost productivity with print speeds up to 33 ppm (A4) and 35 ppm letter. Do more with the 800-sheet maximum paper capacity.
- Set up and share anywhere in the office with wireless connectivity. Configure wireless networking fast.
- Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t.[eco01]
- Save paper by up to 50% using automatic two-sided printing (M401dn and M401dw).
- Free, convenient cartridge recycling in more than 50 countries.[eco02]
- [eco01]HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
- [eco02]Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit http://www.hp.com/recycle.
- Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
|Cable included?:||No, please purchase USB cable separately|
|Print speed, black (normal quality mode):||Up to 35 ppm|
|Print speed footnote:||Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.|
|First page out (black):||As fast as 8 sec|
|Print speed (first page out) footnote:||Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver and document complexity.|
|Print resolution, black:||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Monthly duty cycle:||Up to 50,000 pages|
|Footnote for duty cycle:||Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.|
|Recommended monthly print volume:||750 to 3000|
|Footnote for recommended monthly print volume:||HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.|
|Memory, standard:||256 MB|
|Memory, Maxium:||256 MB|
|Processor speed:||800 MHz|
|Print languages, standard:||HP PCL 5e, HP PCL 6, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, direct PDF (v 1.7) printing|
|Memory Slots:||1 slot, 120-pin DIMM (for Nor font flash module)|
|Paper tray(s), standard:||2 / 3|
|Paper tray(s), optional:||3|
|Paper handling standard,input:||50-sheet multipurpose tray 1, 250-sheet input tray 2, automatic duplexer for two-sided printing|
|Paper handling optional,input:||Optional third 500-sheet tray|
|Paper handling standard,output:||150-sheet output bin|
|Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper):||Automatic (standard)|
|Media sizes, custom:||Multipurpose tray: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; tray 2 and optional 500-sheet-tray 3: 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in|
|Media sizes, standard:||Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in|
|Media types:||Paper (plain, Green mode, light, heavy, bond, color, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; transparencies, cardstock|
|HP ePrint capability:||Yes|
|Connectivity, standard:||1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0; 1 Ethernet 10/100/1000T network|
|I/O ports:||1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 1 Ethernet 10/100/1000T network|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||14.35 x 14.49 x 10.53 in (364.6 x 368 x 267.5 mm)|
|Weight:||23.5 lb (10.7 kg)|
|Media weight:||Tray 1: 16 to 43 lb (straight through paper path for special media); tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray 3: 16 to 32 lb|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Minimum system requirements:||PC: Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows® XP32 SP2 (32-bit): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port Macintosh: Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network|
|Compatible operating systems:||Full software installs supported on: Microsoft® Windows®7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows Vista® 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® XP 32-bit (SP2 or higher) Driver only installs supported on: Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® Server 2003 32-bit (SP3 or higher) Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7 Linpus Linux : 9.4, 9.5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 5.0, 6.0 OpenSuSE: 11.3, 11.4 Fedora: 14, 15 Ubuntu: 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and HPUX11i|
|Sure supply support:||Yes|
|Power consumption:||570 watts (Printing), 7.3 watts (Ready), 6.2 watts (Sleep), 0.1 watts (Off)|
|Power consumption footnote:||Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.|
|Operating temperature range:||63.5 to 77ºF|
|ENERGY STAR® Compliant:||Yes|
|Warranty:||One-year warranty, return to HP Authorized Service Provider|
|Cable included?:||No, please purchase USB cable separately|
|What's in the box:||HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dne; HP 80A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~2700 pages); Installation guide, Support flyer, Warranty guide; power cord; Documentation CD|
|Network ready:||Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)|