hp scanjet 3970 scanner series
SKU: hp scanjet 3970 scanner series (hp Office Products)
Easily share photos, documents, and more with a scanner featuring exclusive HP scanning technology
- Dual-sensor scanning technology allows excellent image quality and quiet, fast operation. HP scanners feature technology that delivers an optimal combination of scanning resolution and performance for fast, high-quality scans. Two CCD sensors deliver scans that are razor sharp. Photos and images are rendered in more colors than the human eye naturally recognizes.
- HP transparent materials adapter (TMA)is now built into the scanner lid, eliminating the need for a separate accessory. TMAs are used to scan slides and negatives for use as flexible digital files and are particularly useful for those users who wish to archive older images that are available only on 35 mm negative or slide. Once negatives and slides are scanned they can be optimized for photo printing or sharing via e-mail.
- HP Photo & Imaging software is an application for HP digital imaging products - Photosmart cameras, scanners, printers, and select all-in-ones - that allow you to edit and resize digital images and scanned documents. One set of instructions, icons, and menus make the software easy to learn, use, and remember regardless of which digital imaging product you are using.
- HP scanner owners sharing to custom destinations use the HP Instant Share? feature of their HP Photo & Imaging software by selecting photos saved to the HP Photo & Imaging Gallery (instructions for how-to-save photos to the HP Photo & Imaging software vary by product) on their PC, choosing HP Instant Share and composing personalized e-mail messages. The photos are sent instantly and senders are offered the option to view the Instant Share e-mail Web page that receivers will see.
- USB (Universal Serial Bus) allows plug-and-play installation of peripheral devices to a computer - users no longer need to open their computer to install add-in cards, shut down, or restart their system. USB plug-and-play operation allows users to unplug and switch peripheral devices while the computer is on, without restarting. Users can also install more than one device on a computer and run them simultaneously provided their computers have more than one USB port.
- HP Memories Disc Creator software allows photos to be arranged, previewed, and displayed in slide-show fashion - once they have been burned to a CD - using a TV and a DVD player or a PC with a CD or DVD-ROM drive. A music file and title slide can accompany the photos. The slide show can then be copied to other CDs, or printed as an album, or as thumbnails. The software can store up to 499 digital images. The personalized slide show can be previewed and changed before it is archived to CD.
- Connecting to compatible PCs or Macintosh computers is fast and easy using Hi-Speed USB. Transfer scans at optimum speeds. Access scanning software and one-button features quickly and conveniently.
- Included HP Photo & Imaging software assures compatibility with all HP digital photography products - icons and menus are easy to learn and use. Scan photos, then store, edit, and share; great for easy creative projects, such as album pages and more.
- HP Instant Share? makes it easy to send image-rich e-mail to friends and family without attachments or slow downloads. Receivers of HP Instant Share messages can share the image, order photo prints online, save the image to their PC, or print the image.
- Once scans are saved on your PC or Macintosh computer, create a digital photo slide show on CD, complete with music, to view and enjoy using your TV and DVD player or PC using HP Memories Disc Creator software.
OverviewEasily share photos, slides and negatives, documents, and more with a scanner featuring exclusive HP scanning technology. The HP Scanjet 3970 scanner series features patented dual CCD technology that provides sharp, crisp images and documents every time. Four one-touch buttons provide scans and copies up to 2400 dpi and 48-bit color or launch HP Instant Share? - the easiest way to send images to friends and family via e-mail. The HP Scanjet 3970 delivers great scans of slides and negatives with a transparent materials adapter built into the scanner lid. Use HP 3-D scanning technology to turn cherished mementos, such as heirloom jewelry and more, into flexible digital image files that can be shared with friends and family. Hardcopy documents and articles are easily converted into text that can be edited by word processing programs using OCR software. All HP Scanjet scanners include HP Photo & Imaging software and support both Microsoft® Windows® or Macintosh operating systems.
|scan resolution, enhanced||12 - 999,999 enhanced dpi|
|scan resolution, optical||2400 x 2400 dpi|
|levels of grayscale||256|
|maximum scan size||8.5 x 11.7 in|
|interface||Hi-Speed USB (compatible with USB 2.0 specifications)|
|compatible operating systems||Microsoft® Windows® 98, 98 SE, 2000, Me, XP Professional and Home Edition; Mac OS 9.1 or higher, or Mac OS X 10.1.5 or 10.2 or higher|
|system requirements, minimum||USB-compatible PC with Microsoft® Windows® 98, 98 SE, 2000, Me, XP Professional and Home Edition; PC with Intel Pentium® II 233 MHz processor, Celeron or compatible; 225 MB free hard disk space; 64 MB RAM; Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer 5.0 or later; 800 x 600 16-bit color SVGA monitor; CD-ROM drive; HP Memories Disc Creator requires a CD-Writer and 700 MB additional free hard disk space|
|software included||HP Photo and Imaging software with HP Instant Share? and HP Memories Disc Creator, I.R.I.S. Readiris (Windows®), I.R.I.S. ReadIris (Mac), Hemera Greeting Card Creator (Windows)|
|dimensions (w x d x h)||18.58 x 11.73 x 3.54 in|
|warranty, std.||One-year limited warranty backed by HP Customer Care, service and support; 30-day telephone support backed by HP Customer Care; 24-hour electronic support available at www.hp.com/go/support|