MICROLINE 186 Series
SKU: MICROLINE 186 Series (Oki)
Big performance in a little package.
- Superior reliability for demanding environments: Rated at 20,000-hours MTBF
- 3-Year standard warranty, parts and labor; upgradable to 5 years of coverage with options1
- Print speeds up to 375 cps2
- Integrated USB and IEEE Parallel connectivity standard
- Optional OkiLAN® 6020e 10/100 Base-T Ethernet external print server
- Small footprint and low profile fits anywhere, even on retail countertops
- Crisp, clear printing on 5-part forms
- 128 KB receive buffer/memory
- 200-million character printhead life
- 3 million-character ribbon life
- Co-resident Epson® ESC/P, IBM® 2480 and OKI® MICROLINE® printer emulations
- Supports Windows® XP, 2000, 98/95, 3.x, NT® 4.0, MS-DOS®, Unix®, and Linux OS
- Uses same accessories as ML184 Turbo series
- Reliable Performance Backed by a 3-Year Standard Warranty
- The OKI® MICROLINE® 186 has a way with tough conditions. This compact forms printer actually thrives in industrial and point-of-sale environments because it’s built to meet the renowned OKI standards for quality and Tank-Tough® reliability. As proof, the ML186 has a 20,000-hour MTBF rating, more than triple that of its closest competitor. Just put it to work and see for yourself how it delivers!
- Small package, big performance
- For its size and weight, the ML186 is fast—375 cps in SuperSpeed Draft mode. It also combines efficiency with economy. It’s packed with advanced, field-proven technology, including a patented OKI closed-loop optical sensor that accurately positions the printhead, ensuring precise characters even on the last page of a 5-part form. The ML186 sports our rack-and-pinion drive system for dependable throughput and longer wear, a sturdy 200 million-character printhead that’s designed to deliver output speeds 25 % faster than its predecessor, and a 16-bit CPU for even quicker processing.
- Exceptional paper handling
- The ML186 can print virtually any continuous or sheetfed form—including “difficult” media: its pinfeed platen moves card stock and labels effortlessly, along with multi-part forms up to 10" wide. A short, straight paper path reduces the possibility of media jamming. Continuous forms and single sheet paper (e.g. letterhead) feed smoothly through the rear or top. And the optional Pull Tractor Kit handles media from 3" to 9.5" wide.
- Unlike most other industrial and POS printers, the ML186 offers both bottom-feed and short-tear standard, so you can remove forms right at the perforation every time... which means the next form isn’t wasted.
- All that and it’s easy to use, too
- Walk up to the ML186 and select your character sets, form length, and line feed setting—right from the operator panel. It couldn’t be easier. For the next generation in forms-printing performance, specify the OKI ML186.
- Getting the job done. Easily.
- Whatever the need or the workload, the ML186 sets an impressive pace. Select any of four speed settings and get a quality product in less time. Fastest is the blazing 375 cps “Super Speed” Draft mode, followed by the 333 cps High-Speed Draft, 250 cps Utility, and the Near-Letter Quality of 62.5 cps.
- If you process your information over long distances, the ML186 has an option that can save time and expense: an OkiLAN® 10 Base-T Ethernet external print server that lets you connect over the Internet using TCP/IP protocols.
- The printer’s small footprint makes it ideal for use in your system configuration. And the operator panel control of character sets, form length, and other frequently used functions makes the ML186 quite easy to use. (The printer has a “lockout” feature to prevent unauthorized setting changes.)
- OKI provides the edge in quality and reliability no competing printer can claim. It’s the reassurance that comes with the backing of a full 3-year warranty and a network of authorized OKI Dealer Service Centers and Service Depots.
- Demand only the best. Put the rugged, affordable MICROLINE® 186 to work in the shop or behind the counter. Today.
|MICROLINE 186 Parallel||MICROLINE 186 Serial|
|Print Speed And Quality|
|Super Speed Draft (cps)**||375||375|
|High Speed Draft (cps)||333||333|
|Utility Speed (cps)||250||250|
|Near Letter Quality Speed (cps)||62.5||62.5|
|Letter Quality Speed (cps)||N/A||N/A|
|Number Of Colors||1||1|
|Maximum Graphics Resolution (dpi)||240 x 216||240 x 216|
|Fonts and Bar Codes|
|Resident Scalable Fonts||Yes||Yes|
|Resident Bar Code Fonts||Yes (8 Types*)||Yes (8 Types*)|
|No. Of Copies||5||5|
|Automatic Paper Forms Loading||Yes||Yes|
|Short Tear Off||No||No|
|Zero Tear Off||Yes||Yes|
|Bottom Feed||w/Pull Tractor||w/Pull Tractor|
|Pin Feed Platen||Yes||Yes|
|Top Pull Tractors||Optional||Optional|
|Paper Feed Rate (inch per second)||2||2|
|Cut Sheet Feeder Option||No||No|
|Roll Paper Stand Option||Yes||Yes|
|Number of Pins||9||9|
|Expanded Head Gap||N/A||N/A|
|Printhead Life (characters)||200 million||200 million|
|Memory Buffer Size||128K||128K|
|Reliability/ MTBF (hours)||20,000||20,000|
|Monthly Workload (pages)||13,000||13,000|
|Operating / Physical Specifications|
|Noise Level In Operating Mode (dBA)||58||58|
|Noise Level In Quiet Mode (dBA)||N/A||N/A|
|Ribbon Life (characters)||3 million||3 million|
|Power Voltage||120v or 220v||120v or 220v|
|EPA Energy Star Compliance||Yes||Yes|
|Dimensions Of Narrow Carriage w/out Box (W x D x H) (inches)||14.65 x 10.83 x 3.15||14.65 x 10.83 x 3.15|
|Dimensions Of Wide Carriage w/out Box (W x D x H) (inches)||N/A||N/A|
|Weight Of Narrow Carriage w/out Box (lb.)||10||10|
|Weight Of Wide Carriage w/out Box (lb.)||N/A||N/A|
|Front Panel Direct Access Controls||Yes||Yes|
|Front Panel Limited Function Mode||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||3-year parts and labor, 2-year printhead||3-year parts and labor, 2-year printhead|
|Toll Free Telephone Support (hours/days)||24 / 7||24 / 7|
|Emulations||IBM 2480, Epson ESC/P, OKI MICROLINE||IBM 2480, Epson ESC/P, OKI MICROLINE|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® XP, 2000, 98/95, 3.x, NT® 4.0, MS-DOS®, Unix®, and Linux|