SKU: SCX-8230NA (SAMSUNG)
Improve Performance with Twice the Power
FeaturesWide Media Acceptance, Including Banners
- The MultiXpress SCX-8240NA and SCX-8340NA MFPs can accept a wide array of media types. The A3-capable MFPs accept the widest copy paper weight in the class. A multipurpose tray supports envelopes of various widths, heavy stock paper and other special media.
- The MultiXpress SCX-8240NA and SCX-8340NA enhance office productivity with faster printing and scanning capabilities, powered by a fully integrated Samsung 1 GHz dual-core processor. Large print and copy jobs are easier to manage, and scanning throughput is increased. The dual-core processor performs printing tasks faster than a conventional processor, enabling employees to focus on core work activities.
- Samsung's unique ReCP (Rendering Engine for Clean Page) Technology improves the overall quality and vibrancy of your black & white printing, ensuring every printout looks perfect. It automatically sharpens the focus of both graphics and text, while solid objects are overlapped to eliminate white gaps.
- Samsung polymerized toner produces smaller and more uniform particles than conventional toners. Printouts have crisper lines and intense colors, and pages curl less often. Additionally, the high wax content improves the image gloss and durability, which helps prevent the document from fading.
- The combined boards and chips that make up the All-in-One Board help reduce the number of complex parts, decreasing the failure rate. The All-in-One Board assists in controlling overall energy consumption by lowering power requirements. When compared to a conventional board during an internal test, the All-in-One Board helped reduce Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) by up to 50.1 percent.
- Samsung Instant Fusing System (IFS) technology also helps increase printing and copying speed. In addition, IFS reduces energy use, which further aids in controlling operating costs. The combination of the All-In-One Board, IFS and polymerized toner help companies decrease expenditures.
- Decreased maintenance and installation times help businesses meet deadlines within budget. Toner replacement for the MultiXpress SCX-8240NA and SCX-8340NA printers is designed for ease of use. In addition, users can correct paper jams without the need for a maintenance call. Fewer steps are required to replace high-frequency service items (HFSIs), such as fusers, rollers and image transfer units (ITUs). Fewer maintenance steps means the device is more readily available when users need it.
- Businesses can lower operating expenses with greater ease using Eco Mode, an energy-saving feature that helps companies reduce paper and power costs. By simply pressing the Eco button on the MFP, users can print more onto every page, with options for 2-up, 4-up and duplex printing. Additionally, users can select the option to automatically skip blank pages, which helps save on toner, further reducing supply expenses. Based on an internal Samsung test, Samsung MFPs with Eco Mode outperformed an MFP without Eco Mode: Easy Eco Driver provides users a preview of a document before printing, which helps reduce wasted printouts. While previewing the document, users can modify its format by removing text and images. The user can also adjust the layout (for example, from 1-up to 2-up printing) without changing the original document layout.
- The color LCD control panel on the MultiXpress SCX-8240NA and SCX-8340NA MFPs is 8.9 inches and considered one of the largest MFPs in its MFP class. in its printer class. The control panel tilts for convenient viewing of the current job status, following prompts during an operation and setting up menus. Also, LED indicators, such as low paper alerts or a ready-for-use indicator, help users more quickly determine the device status.
|Print Speed (Black)||Up to 30 ppm in A4 (30 ppm in Letter)|
|Print Resolution (dpi)||600 x 600 dpi|
|First Print Out Time (Black)||First Print Out Time (Black): <9 sec|
|Paper Input Capacity (Standard)||520-sheet cassette Tray (20 lb or 80g), X2, 100-sheet MP tray (20 lb or 80g)|
|Maximum Input Capacity||MP + 4 Tray : 2,180 sheets @ 21lb or 80g, MP + 2 Tray + HCF : 3140 sheets @ 20lb or 80g|
|Media Sizes||Min Size: 4.13"×5.85", Max Size: 12.6" x 18"|
|Media Type||Plain, Thick, heavy weight, Extra heavi weight 1, Thin, Cotton, Color, Pre-printed, Recycled, Bond, Archive, Letterhead, CardStock, Label|
|Copy Speed (Black)||Up to 30 cpm in A4 (30 cpm in Letter)|
|First Copy Out Time (Black)||<7 sec|
|Resolution (Optical)||600 x 600ppi|
|Resolution (Enhanced)||4,800 x 4,800ppi|
|Modem Speed (kbps)||33.6Kbps|
|Compatibility||ITU-T G3, Super G3|
|Fax Memory||HDD Shared/HDD Shared|
|Touchscreen||8.9" TFT LCD with touch, 1024X600(WSVGA)|
|Processor||Chorus4N Dual Core 1GHz|
|Interface||High-Speed USB 2.0 Host (3-port), Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Peripheral (1-port)|
|Noise Level||Copying Simplex / Duplex: 54dB/56dB|
|Monthly Duty Cycle||Max Monthly Duty Cycle: 150K pages/month|
|Power Consumption (W)||Normal operation Power Consumption (W): <1000 Watt|