SKU: CLX-8640ND (SAMSUNG)
When your business regularly needs to deliver big print or copy jobs and deliver them quickly, then you’ll find that the CLX-8640ND is up the task with power to spare.
FeaturesTwice the Power Delivers High Performance
- When your business regularly needs to deliver big print or copy jobs and deliver them quickly, then you’ll find that the CLX-8640ND is up the task with power to spare. With fast printing and scanning capabilities provided by a fully integrated Samsung 1 GHz Dual Core processor, office productivity increases dramatically. Large print/copy jobs are finished faster, and scan throughput is swifter. In fact, every document task you perform with the CLX-8640ND is 1.5 times quicker, allowing you to spend more time working and less time waiting around.
- Scanning takes less time now too. You can enjoy the fastest duplex scan speed of any multifunction device – an impressive 70 ipm. Forget waiting forever for printouts. With an incredible 40 pages printing per minute, it’s the quickest printer and copier around.
- Busy businesses can’t afford to waste time with unreliable products. That’s why our innovative anti-jam technology stops stress-causing device blocks by using a roller that provides a backward friction during the paper pickup process. We’ve also increased the Mean Copy between Failures to 150,000 (1.5 times longer than other MFPs competitors). And with a monthly Duty Cycle of 200,000, productivity is kept steady and reliable.
- Samsung’s unique Rendering Engine for Clean Page (ReCP) Technology automatically sharpens the focus of both graphics and text, while solid objects are overlapped to eliminate white gaps. The combination of ReCP and effective 1,200 dpi resolution improves the overall quality and vibrancy of your color print jobs, ensuring every printout looks perfect.
- Samsung polymerized toner produces smaller and more uniform particles than conventional toners. Printouts have crisper lines and intense colors, and pages curl less often. Additionally, the high wax content improves the image gloss and durability, which helps prevent documents from fading.
- With Samsung’s ingenious All-in-One circuit board, overall energy consumption is kept low by minimizing power requirements. Compared to a conventional board, it reduces Typical Electricity Consumption by up to 42%. Meanwhile, the Samsung Instant Fusing System technology helps you print and copy faster, use less energy, and reduce energy costs.
- With separated Toner,OPC and a Developer unit, your company can reduce maintenance costs. Also, because the OPC (Organic Photo Conductor) Drums are common for all colors, they are inter-changeable, reducing your cost in terms of inventory control.
- Every business sees the need to cut costs wherever it can. You can save paper and energy with the Eco button. All it takes is one push and you can print more onto every page, including 2-up, 4-up and duplex, and also save more toner with automatic blank page skipping. With Easy-Eco Driver, you’ll be able to accurately preview your document before printing. You can adjust color quality and other settings to meet your requirements and reduce costs. You can also remove unnecessary text, images, and other elements to further reduce wasted printouts and achieve more economically efficient printing.
- For maximum control and visibility, the CLX-8640ND features a 7” Samsung color touch panel with smooth response to flicking and scrolling. Thanks to the intuitive, smart User Interface, you can manage and control even the most complex jobs quickly and easily.
- Custom User Menu: (up to 40 shortcut icons) save time with jobs you perform regularly.
- Smart Search: Find functions quickly by just typing in a keyword.
- Quick Copy: Access the copy functions quickly without hunting through menus.
- Enjoy the freedom of connecting your multifunctional product to your legacy line-of-business applications through the unique Open Architecture Platform (XOA). Based on open standards, XOA allows you and your print solution vendors to easily integrate Samsung MFPs with your existing business processes.
|Print Speed (Black)||Up to 38 ppm in A4 (40 ppm in Letter)|
|Print Speed (Color)||Up to 38 ppm in A4 (40 ppm in Letter)|
|Print Resolution (dpi)||600 x 600 dpi|
|Paper Input Capacity (Standard)||520-sheet cassette Tray (20 lb or 80g), X2, 100-sheet MP tray (20 lb or 80g)|
|Maximum Input Capacity||MP + 4 Tray : 2,180 sheets @ 21lb or 80g, MP + 2 Tray + HCF : 3140 sheets @ 20lb or 80g|
|Media Sizes||Min Size 3.85” x 5.83” – Max Size 8.5” x 35.4”|
|Media Type||Plain, Thick, heavy weight, Extra heavi weight 1, Thin, Cotton, Color, Pre-printed, Recycled, Bond, Archive, Letterhead, CardStock, Label|
|Copy Speed (Black)||Up to 38 ppm in A4 (40 ppm in Letter)|
|Copy Speed (Color)||Up to 38 ppm in A4 (40 ppm in Letter)|
|First Copy Out Time (Black)||<9 sec|
|First Print Out Time (Color)||<9 sec|
|Copy Resolution||600 x 600 dpi|
|Resolution (Optical)||600 x 600 dpi|
|Resolution (Enhanced)||4,800 x 4,800 dpi|
|Modem Speed (kbps)||33.6Kbps|
|Compatibility||ITU-T G3, Super G3|
|Fax Memory||HDD Shared/HDD Shared|
|Touchscreen||800 x 480 7" WVGA Color graphic LCD with Touch-Screen, 24bit color|
|Processor||Chorus4N Dual Core 1GHz|
|Interface||High-Speed USB 2.0 Host (3-port), Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Peripheral (1-port)|
|Noise Level||Copying Simplex / Duplex: 54dB/56dB|
|Monthly Duty Cycle||Max Monthly Duty Cycle: 200K pages/month|
|Power Consumption (W)||Normal operation Power Consumption (W): <1000 Watt|