HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color Printer M551dn
SKU: HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color Printer M551dn (hp Office Products)
Professional color, intuitive manageability, and world-class extensibility—all for an outstanding value. Help your business prints make more of an impact—produce high-quality color marketing materials and more. Count on HP for energy-saving features.
- Create realistic color and crisp details that you can depend on, using HP EasyColor technology.
- Increase color accuracy with HP ImageREt 3600 and HP ColorSphere toner technology.
- Achieve low-cost, high-quality printing right out of the box. This HP LaserJet ships with a complete set of cartridges—on average, nearly two times more black toner and more than two times the color toner of leading competitors.
- Receive value out of the box—this product is shipped with a full set of Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
- Print black text affordably, using an optional high-capacity black toner cartridge.
- Manage jobs directly from the printer with a four-line color display, and easily print from a flash drive.
- Make printing as mobile as you are with HP ePrint.
- Process jobs securely through user authentication—even add optional authentication security solutions.
- Easily control color usage with HP Color Access Control, plus proactively manage printing environments.
- Easily update, manage and expand the capabilities of networked printers, and do more with your investment.
- With HP partner programs, you can tap into HP-certified solutions from industry-leading partners. Monitor and optimize printer capabilities, control access to devices, transform the functionality of your printer, and much more.
- Add capabilities to your HP LaserJet when you take advantage of HP partner programs.
- Integrate optional productivity and security solutions through the hardware integration pocket.
- Save space using a desktop printer with 600-sheet paper capacity, or add up to 1100-sheet capacity.
- Reduce energy use by 19 to 66% by setting the Auto-On/Auto-Off mode. Save even more energy with Instant-on Technology.
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology. Also save with Instant-on Technology.
- Collect data, create reports and control settings, using HP EcoSMART Fleet—an extension of HP Web Jetadmin.
- Rely on easy installation and maintenance with all-in-one Original HP LaserJet cartridges. HP helps you recycle toner cartridges—it’s free and easy with the HP Planet Partners program. HP never refills, resells or sends print cartridges to a landfill.
- Save time with convenient cartridge installation, and get free, easy cartridge recycling.
- Conserve resources and save paper, using automatic two-sided printing—get up to 50% paper-savings.
- Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, Off when you don’t.[eco01]
- Reduce energy use with Instant-on Technology.[eco02]
- Free, convenient cartridge recycling in 53 countries.
- [eco01]HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
- [eco02]Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
|Print speed, black (normal quality mode):||Up to 33 ppm|
|Print speed, color (normal quality mode):||Up to 33 ppm|
|First page out (black):||As fast as 11 sec|
|First page out (color):||As fast as 11 sec|
|Print resolution, black:||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Print resolution, color:||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Monthly duty cycle:||Up to 75,000 pages|
|Footnote for duty cycle:||Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.|
|Recommended monthly print volume:||1500 to 5000|
|Footnote for recommended monthly print volume:||HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.|
|Print languages, standard:||HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5c (HP PCL 5c driver available from the Web only), HP postscript level 3 emulation, native PDF printing (v 1.4)|
|Printer Connectivity:||HP Jetdirect ew2500 Wireless Print Server J8021A, HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server J8026A (available in early 2012)|
|Processor speed:||800 MHz|
|Memory, standard:||1 GB (1024 MB)|
|Memory, maximum:||1 GB (1024 MB)|
|Paper tray(s), standard:||2|
|Paper tray(s), maximum:||Up to 3|
|Paper handling standard, input:||100-sheet multipurpose tray, 500-sheet input tray 2|
|Paper handling optional, input:||500-sheet heavy media input tray 3|
|Paper handling standard, output:||250-sheet output bin|
|Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper):||Automatic (standard)|
|Media sizes, standard:||Tray 1: letter, legal, executive, statement, 4 x 6, 3 x 5, 5 x 7, 5 x 8, postcard (JIS), double postcard (JIS), 8.5 x 13, envelope (commercial No. 9, No. 10, Monarch); custom: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2: letter, executive, statement, 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 5 x 8, double postcard (JIS); custom: 4.0 x 5.85 to 8.5 x 11.69 in|
|Media sizes, custom:||Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2: 4.0 x 5.85 to 8.5 x 11.69 in|
|Media types:||Paper (plain, light, bond, recycled, mid-weight, heavy, mid-weight glossy, heavy glossy, extra heavy, extra heavy glossy, cardstock, card glossy) color transparency, labels, letterhead, envelope, preprinted, prepunched, colored, rough, opaque film, user-defined|
|HP ePrint capability:||Yes|
|Connectivity, standard:||2 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host ports; 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device port; 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-TX network port; 1 Hardware Integration Pocket; 2 internal USB Host ports|
|Connectivity, optional:||HP Jetdirect ew2500 Wireless Print Server J8021A, HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server J8026A (available in early 2012)|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||20.2 x 19.3 x 15.8 in (514 x 491 x 402 mm)|
|Dimensions, max. (W x D x H):||32.4 x 29.1 x 15.8 in|
|Weight:||76.12 lb (34.6 kg)|
|Media weight:||Tray 1: 16 to 58 lb (plain); 28 to 58 lb (glossy); Tray 2: 16 to 43 lb (plain paper); 28 to 58 lb (glossy paper)|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Minimum system requirements:||PC: Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP® (SP2 or higher), Windows® Server 2003 (SP1 or higher), Windows® Server 2008, Windows® Server 2008 R2; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see http://www.microsoft.com Macintosh: Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6; 150 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see: http://www.apple.com|
|Compatible operating systems:||Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP® (SP2+), Windows® Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows® Server 2008 (all 32-bit and 64-bit), Windows® Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6 Citrix and Windows Terminal Services (see System Administrator’s Guide at http://www.hp.com/go/upd, Documentation tab for latest support) Novell (see http://www.novell.com/iprint for latest support) Linux (see http://www.hplip.net) UNIX (see http://www.hp.com/go/unix, http://www.hp.com/go/unixmodelscripts, and http://www.hp.com/go/jetdirectunix_software) SAP device types (see http://www.hp.com/go/sap/drivers and www.hp.com/go/sap/print)|
|Power consumption:||605 watts (Printing), 51 watts (Ready), 6.9 watts (Sleep), 1 watt (auto-Off), 0.3 watts (Off)|
|Power consumption footnote:||Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages; this will damage the printer and void the product warranty. Power consumption in Auto-Off mode depends on customer network switch capability, user configuration and network activity. Off-mode power may vary while checking network packets for print jobs.|
|ENERGY STAR® Compliant:||Yes|
|Power consumption (Active):||605 watts|
|Power Consumption (Manual-off):||0.3 watts|
|Power consumption (Auto-off):||1 watt|
|Operating temperature:||50 to 81ºF (10 to 30ºC)|
|Warranty:||One-year next day on-site limited warranty|
|Cable included?:||No, please purchase USB cable separately|
|What's in the box:||Printer; four preinstalled HP LaserJet toner cartridges (yield ~5500 pages black and ~6000 pages color); toner collection unit; in-box documentation (Getting Started Guide); software drivers and documentation on CD-ROM; power cable; HP Jetdirect Gigabit Ethernet embedded print server; 100-sheet multipurpose tray 1; 500-sheet input tray 2; built-in automatic two-sided printing|