HP Scanjet 8300 Professional Image Scanner
SKU: HP Scanjet 8300 Professional Image Scanner (hp Office Products)
Scan documents, photos, film and other materials with a versatile scanner. Perform common tasks—scan, create PDFs and even make copies by sending a scan to the default printer—with one-touch buttons. Adjust resolution to fit scanning needs.
FeaturesProfessional image quality for every scanning need
- Adjust resolution to fit any job. Scan up to 4800 x 4800 dpi for professional-quality images.
- Edit and restore images—and ensure color accuracy—with included Adobe Photoshop Elements software.
- Optimize operation with triple-sensor technology to increase image quality and document clarity.
- Get copies using a one-touch button that sends a scan directly to your default printer.
- Perform common tasks—even create PDFs and other popular file formats—with one-touch buttons.
- Manage documents efficiently—easily organize digital files with an included software package.
- Get instant scanner startup, and preview scans within four seconds, with patented HP technology.
- Scan up to 8 slides, 18 negatives or medium- and large-format film, using integrated adapter.
- A legal-size, landscape-oriented scanning bed accommodates a variety of paper sizes.
- Fit books, 3-D objects and other large, bulky items under the adjustable lid.
- Expand capabilities—an optional automatic document feeder scans up to 25 pages per minute.
|Scan resolution, optical||Up to 4800 dpi|
|Levels of grayscale||256|
|Automatic document feeder capacity||Optional, 100 sheets|
|Automatic document feeder speed||Up to 25 ppm/50 ipm (optional)|
|Task speed||4 x 6-in color photo into Microsoft Word: less than 24 sec; OCR a full page of text into Microsoft Word: less than 33 sec; e-mail photo: less than 24 sec|
|Scan size, maximum (flatbed)||8.5 x 14 in|
|Media types||Paper (plain, inkjet, photo), envelopes, cards (index, greeting), 3-D objects, 35 mm slides and negatives, medium- and large-format film up to 4 x 5 in (using transparent materials adapter)|
|Scan file formats||Windows: BMP, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, TIFF Compressed, PNG, PCX, FlashPix (FPX), PDF, PDF Searchable, RTF, HTM, TXT; Macintosh: TIFF, PICT, JPEG, GIF, FlashPix, Plain Text, PDF, HTML, Rich Text Format (RTF)|
|Preview scan speed||Up to 4 sec|
|Button functions||6 front-panel buttons [Button settings, Cancel, Copy, Customizable (4), Power Save, Scan document to], LCD display|
|Operating temperature range||41 to 104º F|
|Operating humidity||15 to 80% RH|
|Non-operating humidity||15 to 80% RH|
|Connectivity, standard||Hi-Speed USB (compatible with USB 2.0 specifications)|
|Minimum system requirements||PC: Microsoft Windows XP, XP x64, 2000: 500 MHz processor, 256 MB RAM, 450 MB available hard disk space, USB port, CD-ROM drive, 800 x 600 SVGA monitor, 16-bit color, Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer 6; Windows Vista, Vista x64: 800 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 450 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM drive, 800 x 600 SVGA monitor, DirectX 9 capable graphics, Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer 7 Macintosh: Mac OS v 10.2.8, 10.3, 10.4; 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended); 250 MB available disk space|
|Compatible operating systems|
|Compatible Operating Systems||Certified for Windows Vista(TM); Windows XP Home; Windows XP Professional; Windows XP Professional x64; Windows 2000; Mac OS X v 10.2 or higher|
|Power consumption||36 watts maximum|
|ENERGY STAR® Qualified||Yes|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Product Dimensions||24.61 x 16.34 x 5.12 in|
|Product weight||19.6 lb|
|Warranty, standard||One-year limited hardware warranty, one-year free phone support 6 am to 6 pm MST, Monday through Friday (excluding major holidays)|
|What's included||HP Scanjet 8300, integrated 4 x 9-inch transparent media adapter and film templates for scanning slides, negatives and film, Hi-Speed USB cable (compatible with USB 2.0 specifications), power cord, Vista errata, Setup and Support Guide, customizable button labels, CD-ROM(s) with software for Windows includes: HP Photosmart software for Windows (Windows 2000 support available as web download), ScanSoft PaperPort, Adobe Photoshop Elements, I.R.I.S. Readiris Pro OCR; CD-ROM(s) with software for Macintosh includes: HP Photosmart Studio, I.R.I.S. Readiris Pro OCR, Adobe Photoshop Elements, NewSoft Presto! PageManager|
|Software included||HP Photosmart software for Windows (Windows 2000 support available as web download), HP Photosmart Studio software for Macintosh, ScanSoft PaperPort (Windows only), NewSoft Presto! PageManager (Macintosh only), Adobe Photoshop Elements (for Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, Macintosh only), I.R.I.S. Readiris Pro OCR|