HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CM4540 MFP
SKU: HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CM4540 MFP (hp Office Products)
loor-standing power in a compact, desktop MFP! Print, copy, scan and more on this intuitive color MFP. Bold color, robust paper handling, market-leading management, security and world-class extensibility set this desktop multi-tasker apart.
FeaturesBrilliant results made simple.
- Process jobs at the MFP with the award-winning HP Easy Select control panel. Print from the walk-up USB port.
- Achieve sharp contrast and bright color with high-gloss toner. HP ImageREt delivers crisp, consistent detail.
- Pre-installed Original HP LaserJet print cartridges and optional high-capacity black cartridges save time.
- Get the paper capacity you need—600 sheets—in a space-saving size or upgrade to 1100 or 2100 sheets.
- Proactively manage printing fleets and control color usage and costs with HP management tools.
- Simple setup wizards for save-to-folder and scan-to-email functions make digital workflows a breeze.
- Extend your MFP capabilities with a rich portfolio of solutions that are easy to integrate.
- Make printing as mobile as you are with HP ePrint.
- Protect sensitive data stored on your HP MFP with the standard encrypted HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk.
- Attach security solutions to the control panel's hardware integration pocket for a seamless appearance.
- Process jobs securely without compromising efficiency and speed via user authentication, IPsec and IPv6.
- Create, print, scan and share sensitive business information securely via encrypted e-mail and PDFs.
- Reduce energy use with Instant-on Technology and Instant-on Copy.
- Save paper and conserve resources—use digital workflows, two-sided printing, PIN print and image preview.
- Get free and easy recycling—print cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.
- Reduce shipping materials and packaging waste with optional high-capacity black print cartridges.
- Reduce energy use with Instant-on Technology and Instant-on Copy.[eco01]
- Reduce paper use by up to 50% using automatic two-sided printing.
- Reduce clutter and waste—scan, store and share documents digitally.
- Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- [eco01]Compared with products that use traditional fusing and cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) copying.
|All-in-one functions:||Print, copy, scan, digital send, scan to walk-up USB (optional fax, advanced paper handling)|
|Print speed black (normal, letter):||Up to 42 ppm|
|Print speed color (normal, letter):||Up to 42 ppm|
|Print speed footnote:||Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver and document complexity.|
|Print speed footnote:||Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.|
|Print resolution, color:||Up to 600 x 600 dpi|
|Print resolution, black:||Up to 600 x 600 dpi|
|First page out (black):||As fast as 11.5 sec|
|First page out (color):||As fast as 11.5 sec|
|Page yield footnote:||For information on cartridge page and photo yields, see http://www.hp.com/go/pageyield|
|Monthly duty cycle:||Up to 175,000 pages|
|Footnote for duty cycle:||Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.|
|Recommended monthly print volume:||5000 to 9000|
|Footnote for recommended monthly print volume:||HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.|
|Paper handling standard,input:||100-sheet multipurpose tray, 500-sheet input tray, 50-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF), automatic two-sided printing|
|Paper handling optional,input:||1 x 500-sheet paper feeder, 1 x 500-sheet feeder and cabinet, 3 x 500-sheet feeder and stand|
|Paper handling standard,output:||500-sheet output bin|
|Paper handling optional,output:||900-sheet, 3-bin stapling mailbox|
|Envelope capacity:||Up to 10 envelopes|
|Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper):||Automatic (standard)|
|Media sizes, standard:||Letter; legal; executive; 8.5 x 13 in|
|Output capacity:||Up to 75 envelopes|
|Media sizes, custom:||Tray 1: 3.0 x 5.83 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2: 5.8 x 8.3 to 8.5 x 14 in|
|Media sizes, standard:||Letter, legal, 8.5 x 13 in, statement, executive, envelopes [No. 9, No. 10, Monarch (7 3/4)], 4 x 6 in|
|Media weight:||Tray 1: 16 to 58 lb bond (plain), 28 to 58 lb bond (glossy), 16 to 24 lb (envelopes); Trays 2, 3, 4, 5: 16 to 32 lb bond (plain), 28 to 58 lb bond (glossy)|
|Media types:||Paper (plain, light, bond, recycled, mid-weight, heavy, mid-weight glossy, heavy glossy, extra heavy, extra heavy glossy, cardstock, card glossy), color transparency, labels, letterhead, envelope, preprinted, prepunched, colored, rough, opaque film, user-defined|
|Media tray weight:||16 to 58 lb bond (plain); 28 to 58 lb bond (glossy); 16 to 24 lb (envelopes)|
|Weight:||120.5 lb (54.8 kg)|
|Processor speed:||800 MHz|
|Memory, standard:||1280 MB|
|Memory, maximum:||1280 MB|
|Print languages, standard:||HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5c (HP PCL 5c driver available from the Web only), HP postscript level 3 emulation, native PDF printing (v 1.4)|
|Scanner type:||Flatbed, ADF|
|Scan resolution, optical:||Up to 600 dpi|
|Scan size, maximum (flatbed):||8.5 x 14 in|
|Scan size, maximum (ADF):||8.5 x 14 in|
|Scan speed normal, letter (b/w & color):||Up to 42 ppm|
|Scanner duplex feeder:||Yes|
|Sure Supply Support:||Yes|
|Automatic paper sensor:||Yes|
|Automatic paper sensor:||No, please purchase USB cable separately|
|Digital sending specifications|
|Digital sending features:||Scan to E-mail; Save-to-Network Folder; Save-to-USB drive; Send to FTP; Send to LAN Fax; Send to Internet Fax|
|Supported file formats:||Digital Send: PDF; JPEG; TIFF; MTIFF; XPS; PDF/A; Scan to walk-up USB: PDF; JPEG; TIFF; MTIFF; XPS; PDF/A; Print from walk-up USB: PDF; PS; Print Ready files (.prn, .pcl, .cht)|
|Maximum number of copies:||Up to 9999 copies|
|Copy reduce/enlarge settings:||25 to 400%|
|Copy resolution, black:||Up to 600 x 600 dpi (flatbed), up to 600 x 300 dpi (ADF)|
|HP ePrint capability:||Yes|
|Connectivity, optional:||Compatible HP Jetdirect Print Servers: HP Jetdirect 690n IPv6/IPsec 802.11g Wireless Print Server J8007G, HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11b/g Wireless Print Server J8021A, HP Jetdirect 635n IPv6/IPsec Print Server J7961G. For more information on HP networking solutions visit http://www.hp.com/go/jetdirect|
|Connectivity, standard:||1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host; 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device; 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-TX; 1 EIO; 1 Foreign Interface Harness; 1 Hardware Integration Pocket; 3 USB Host (internal)|
|Mobile Printing Capability Footnote:||May require a firmware upgrade to be HP ePrint compatible, download at http://www.hp.com/go/support|
|Minimum system requirements:||PC: Microsoft® Windows 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP SP2 or higher, Windows® Server 2003, Windows® Server 2008; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see http://www.microsoft.com system requirements; 220 MB available hard disk space Macintosh: Mac OS X v 10.4 or higher; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see: http://www.apple.com; 150 MB free hard disk space|
|Compatible operating systems:||Microsoft® Windows®7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows Vista® 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® XP 32-bit or 64-bit (SP2 or higher), Windows® Server 2008 32-bit and 64-bit, and 2008 R2 Edition, Windows® Server 2003 32-bit and 64-bit, Citrix and Windows® Terminal Services (see whitepapers at http://www.hp.com/go/upd, Documentation tab) Novell (see http://www.novell.com/iprint) Mac OS X v 10.4 or higher Linux (see http://www.hplip.net) UNIX, SAP device types|
|Display:||8.07" (20.5 cm) diagonal Color Graphic Display (CGD), 800 x 300 pixels, with touchscreen|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Weight:||120.5 lb (54.8 kg)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||35.6 x 24.5 x 22.6 in (905 x 623 x 575 mm)|
|Dimensions, max (W x D x H):||43.8 x 33.8 x 36.1 in|
|Package weight:||136.4 lb|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Power supply:||Input voltage 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 12 A|
|Power consumption:||780 watts (printing), 850 watts (copying), 91 watts (ready), 21.5 watts (sleep), 0.3 watts (off)|
|Power consumption (Active):||780 watts|
|Power Consumption, Powersave:||21.5 watts|
|Power Consumption (Manual-off):||0.3 watts|
|Power consumption footnote:||Values subject to change. Power numbers are the highest values measured using all standard voltages.|
|Acoustic power emissions:||7.3 B(A)|
|Operating temperature range:||59 to 80.6º F|
|Recommended Operating humidity range:||10 to 80% RH|
|What's in the box:||HP Color LaserJet CM4540 MFP (100-sheet multipurpose tray; 500 sheet input tray; HP Jetdirect Gigabyte Ethernet embedded print server); HP Color LaserJet Print cartridges standard capacity (1 each black, cyan, magenta, yellow); Toner collection unit; CD with software and documentation; Documentation (Getting Started Guide, Support flyer, Wall poster); power cord|
|Cable included?:||No, please purchase USB cable separately|
|Software included?:||Windows print driver (HP PCL 6 discrete); SNP alerts; Mac print driver; Installation software on CD-ROM for Windows and Mac|
|Warranty:||One-year, next business day, on-site warranty|