HP Designjet 70 Printer
SKU: HP Designjet 70 Printer (hp Office Products)
Fast printing up to 18 x 24 in. in full color--create superior results at a breakthrough price.
FeaturesEnlarge your vision
- The HP Designjet 70 meets your demanding standards for presentation-ready documents, drawings and schematics. Precise ink placement and HP printhead technology create crisp, distinct lines and sharp text. Pigment-based black ink provides lasting results for archiving CAD plots and architectural plans.* Produce rich, vibrant color with patented HP inks, 1200 dpi and HP Color Layering technology. Interactive HP Smart Printing technology makes continuous adjustments to optimize print quality.
- Multi-format, color business printing at your fingertips. From proposals to line drawings to oversized graphics, the HP Designjet 70 meets daily and full-range media print needs. Designed to enhance your do-it-yourself marketing efforts, this multi-format color printer increases office productivity and reduces your total cost of printing. Produce attractive, compelling banners up to 50 feet in length.
- For media flexibility, the HP Designjet 70 is versatile enough to handle documents from 4 to 18 inches wide. It uses three independent paper paths—an automatic paper tray for up to A2+-size media, a front manual-feed path for up to A2+-size media, and a rear manual path for thick media, up to 0.4 mm in thickness. Use the standard tray to load common and custom sizes and the separate manual-feed paths to load larger sizes—without unloading the standard tray. Office space is at a premium and every inch counts. The space-conscious Designjet 70 fits on a desktop so you can produce quality materials in multiple sizes without requiring much room. The Designjet 70 handles all of your day-to-day printing needs, giving you more print options for the money.
- Achieve lasting results for archiving CAD plots and architectural plans. Produce rich, vibrant color with patented HP inks, 1200 dpi and HP Color Layering technology. Interactive HP Smart Printing technology makes continuous adjustments to optimize print quality.
- Enjoy a low-maintenance printer that requires very little attention. Both HP printing supplies and the printer use interactive HP system technology# to make automatic and continuous adjustments that optimize printing quality and accuracy.
- Versatile for almost any office environment, the HP Designjet 70 multi-format color printer is USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 compatible, Centronics parallel IEEE 1284 compliant and supports an optional HP Jetdirect 620n LAN card (EIO). And for the ultimate in flexibility, an internal wireless option is available. Optimized drivers provide full support for Macintosh and Windows operating systems.
- Minimize the waste and cost associated with print trial and error. The Designjet 70 offers intelligent print previewing with actual layout positioning. Enhanced drivers offer support for Auto-CAD files. The clipping advisor helps you clearly see your image as it will print on the media. Easy to start and operate, the Designjet 70 saves you valuable time.
- The HP Designjet 70 multi-format color printer is budget friendly to own and operate. Realize lower total costs of printing and reliable ink usage with ink cartridges that can be individually replaced for a simple, cost-effective solution. And replaceable printheads produce top ink quality throughout the life of the printer.
- Increase office productivity with the HP Designjet 70 multi-format color printer. Ideal for day-to-day business printing and full-range media printing, the Designjet 70 delivers the speed and high-quality performance you expect from HP. Improve operations and efficiency by printing text, lines and images at speeds up to 11 pages per minute for letter size in Fast mode and up to 44 seconds per page for an A2-size drawing in Fast mode.
- Designed to reduce outsource printing costs, the HP Designjet 70 multi-format color printer supports a full range of media, such as coated, heavyweight coated, glossy media, bright white, CAD, proofing matte and proofing semigloss. With this versatile printer, you can print business documents as well as large- and wide-format materials in color, in house.
OverviewEnlarge your vision. Bring your work to life with color and up to 18 x 24 in. Ideal for everyday business and CAD printing, the HP Designjet 70 offers speed, color, and a wide range of media sizes—with cost-effective operation. Enlarge your vision
- HP pigment black ink and precise ink placement create sharp detail and crisp lines and text.
- Outstanding printing on a full range of media—from 4 to 18 inches wide, 600 inches high & 80 pounds.
- Enjoy the flexibility of handling documents from 4 to 18 inches wide—banners, posters and displays.
- Designed to minimize office overhead and maximize productivity, the Designjet 70 fits on a desktop.
- Produce rich, vibrant color with patented HP inks, 1200 dpi, CMYK and HP Color Layering technology.
- Low maintenance. HP system technology makes continuous adjustments to enhance quality and accuracy.
- Flexible connectivity and interfaces allow printer configuration in multiple network environments.
- Intelligent print preview feature assures you of accurate results.
- Save valuable time and money with easy-to-use drivers and supplies.
- Cost-effective to own and operate—with individually replaceable supplies.
- Increase office productivity with speedy printing--11 ppm (letter) and to 44 spp (C) in Fast mode.
- Reduce outsource costs with in-house color printing of all your materials up to A2+/C+ size.
|Glossary of terms|
|Glossary||Definitions of specifications and terms to assist in your buying process.|
|Model size||18 in|
|Maximum print length||50 ft (application dependent)|
|Processor speed||16 MHz|
|Print technology||HP Thermal Inkjet|
|Print quality, black||Up to 1200 x 600 dpi|
|Print quality, color||Up to 1200 x 600 dpi|
|Resolution||Up to 1200 x 600 dpi|
|Resolution technology||HP PhotoREt IV|
|Number of cartridges||4 (1 each black, cyan, magenta, yellow)|
|Ink types||Dye-based (color), pigment-based (black)|
|Ink drop size||18 pl (black), 4 pl (cyan, magenta, yellow)|
|Print head nozzles||304|
|Paper tray(s), standard||1|
|Paper tray(s), maximum||1|
|Input capacity, standard||Up to 50 sheets|
|Input capacity, maximum||Up to 70 sheets|
|Output capacity, standard||Up to 50 sheets|
|Output capacity, maximum||Up to 50 sheets|
|Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper)||None (not supported)|
|Document finishing||Sheetfed (input tray, manual single-sheet feed, rear path), optional roll feed, automatic cutter|
|Media sizes, standard||Letter, legal, tabloid, executive, C, envelopes, banners|
|Media sizes, custom||3 x 5.6 to 18.03 x 24 in|
|Media types||Paper (brochure/flyer, coated, glossy, heavyweight coated, inkjet, natural tracing paper (only in Japan), plain, proofing, photo, semi-gloss), transparencies|
|Media weight, recommended||17 to 56 lb|
|Memory, standard||64 MB|
|Memory, maximum||64 MB|
|Print languages, standard||PCL 3-GUI|
|Print languages, optional||ABU, ACE, 407, 408, 410, 411, A2L, AKY, AB0, AB1, AB5, ABG, ABJ, ACJ, AK3, 457, ABV, 201|
|Connectivity, standard||USB 1.1 (USB 2.0 compliant), centronics parallel IEEE-1284 (ECP compliant), 1 EIO slot|
|Connectivity, optional||HP Jetdirect 175x, 310x, 380x, en3700, 600n, 610n, 615n, 620n, 680n|
|Print drivers, standard||PCL 3-GUI Windows driver, Microsoft Windows drivers (98, Me, 2000, XP Home, XP Professional) including support for AutoCAD 2000 and AutoCAD R14 drivers, USB and ECP drivers, Raster driver for Mac OS 9.x, 10.2, 10.3|
|Minimum system requirements||PC: Pentium II 300 MHz, 128 MB RAM, 400 MB available hard disk space (Windows 2000, 2003 Server); Pentium III 733 MHz, 128 MB RAM, 400 MB available hard disk space (Windows XP Home, XP Professional) Macintosh: iMac G3, 256 MB RAM, 100 MB available hard disk|
|Power consumption||ENERGY STAR® qualified|
|Compatible network operating systems|
|Compatible Operating Systems||Windows 2000; Windows XP Home; Windows XP Professional; Mac OS 9.x; Mac OS X v 10.2; Mac OS X v 10.3|
|Dimensions, std. (W x D x H)||35 x 15.7 x 8.7 in|
|Dimensions, max. (W x D x H)||35 x 38.6 x 8.7 in|
|Weight, U.S.||40.8 lb|
|Warranty, standard||One-year next-business-day exchange (New Zealand, Australia), one-year next-business-day onsite repair (JP, NA, EMEA, AP except China, Australia, New Zealand), one-year return to HP (LAR)|
|What's in the box|
|What's in the box||HP Designjet 70 Printer, power cord, printheads (4), print cartridges (4), input/output tray, input tray cover, documentation and driver CD, Setup Poster, Quick Reference Guide, Customer Service Guide|
|Software included||HP Designjet Windows software, HP Designjet Macintosh software|