HP Deskjet 6540 Printer
SKU: HP Deskjet 6540 Printer (hp Office Products)
Breakthrough speeds, easy laptop printing, and added features for advanced productivity
Work more efficiently with breakthrough performance up to 30 ppm black and up to 20 ppm color for professional photo quality up to 4800-optimized dpi or 6-ink color. Enjoy convenient walk-up printing from laptops using front USB port, and print photos in standard and custom sizes up to 8.5 x 24-inch, with or without borders. The advanced control panel saves time with one-touch print quality selector, print cancel button and ink status display. Print more pages with high-volume ink cartridges and use up to 50% less paper in the process with optional auto two-sided printing, automatic paper type sensor, and optional 250-sheet plain paper input tray. Make easy photo reprints and enlargements with HP photo and printing software—long-lasting, professional-quality photos with exceptional fade resistance.
- Black: Up to 30 ppm
- Color: Up to 20 ppm
- Resolution: Up to 4800-optimized dpi color and 1200-input dpi
- Paper trays: up to 2 input tray(s)
- Paper input capacity: Up to Up to 150 (up to 400 with optional 250-sheet paper tray) sheets
- Print everything from everyday business documents to complex brochures and presentations—faster and more conveniently—with breakthrough speeds up to 30 ppm laser-quality black, up to 20 ppm color.
- Increase value and pages printed with high-volume HP black and tri-color ink print cartridges. Save time with fewer replacements of high-volume ink cartridges.
- Finish important printing jobs—even if one print cartridge runs out of ink using HP's convenient, time-saving automatic ink-backup printing mode. Printing will be completed with remaining color or black ink cartridge.
- Make a positive impression every time you print with reliable, professional photo-quality color and laser-quality black. Enjoy the versatility of up to 4800-optimized dpi color* and 4-ink color, or optional 6-ink color** for richer photos.
- Included HP photo printing software is easy to use. Drag and drop photos to quickly resize for reprints and enlargements. Print multiple photos and sizes on a single page. Plus rotate, crop, adjust color, light and sharpness with easy photo editing.
- Print professional photos that resist fading longer than traditionally processed photos* with optional 6-ink color printing and HP Premium Plus photo papers. Produce bright, vivid prints with exceptional fade resistance.
- Work and print on the go with convenient printing from laptops. Simply use the additional USB port on the front of the printer for fast, direct print connection.
- Easy-to-use advanced control panel with quick access to commonly used features. Includes a one-touch print quality selector with three modes for task-optimized print quality and speed selection, one-touch print cancel button and ink status display.
- Print standard and custom size photos, with or without borders, in up to 8.5x24-inches.* Easily print photos for display in standard frame sizes using pre-cut 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10 photo papers.
Product SpecificationsSpeed/monthly volume
- Print speed, black (draft quality mode): Up to 30 ppm
- Print speed, black (normal quality mode): Up to 9.8 ppm
- Print speed, black (best quality mode): Up to 2 ppm
- Print speed, color (draft mode): Up to 20 ppm
- Print speed, color (normal mode): Up to 5.7 ppm
- Print speed, color (best quality mode): Up to 2 ppm
- Recommended monthly volume, maximum: 5,000 pages
- Print technology: HP Thermal Inkjet
- Print quality, black: Up to 1200 x 1200-rendered dpi
- Print quality, color: Up to 4800-optimized dpi color and 1200-input dpi
- Resolution technology: HP PhotoREt III (HP PhotoREt IV with optional photo cartridge)
- Print cartridges: Black, cyan, magenta, yellow
- Ink types: Pigment-based, dye-based
- Paper trays, std.: 1
- Paper trays, max.: 2
- Input capacity, std.: Up to 150 sheets
- Input capacity, max.: Up to 150 (up to 400 with optional 250-sheet paper tray) sheets
- Standard envelope capacity: Up to 20 envelopes
- Output capacity, std.: Up to 50 sheets
- Output capacity, max.: Up to 50 sheets
- Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper): Automatic (optional)
- Media sizes, std.: Letter, legal, executive, No. 10 envelopes, cards, borderless photo, borderless panoramic
- Media sizes, custom: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 24 in
- Media types: Paper (plain, inkjet, photo, banner), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, HP premium media, iron-on transfers, borderless media
- Media weight, recommended: US letter: 16 to 24 lb, legal: 20 to 24 lb, banner: 16 to 24 lb, envelopes: 20 to 24 lb, cards: up to 110 lb index maximum, photo paper: up to 130 lb index
- Media handling: Sheetfed
- Memory, std.: 16 MB
- Memory, max.: 16 MB
- Print languages, std.: HP PCL Level 3 enhanced
- Typefaces: 8 built-in, 4 each in portrait and landscape orientations: CG Times, CG Times Italic; Univers, Univers Italic; Courier, Courier Italic; Letter Gothic, Letter Gothic Italic
- Connectivity, std.: Universal Serial Bus
- Connectivity, opt.: HP Jetdirect 175x Fast Ethernet external print server, HP Jetdirect ew2400 Fast Ethernet/Wi-Fi external print server, HP Jetdirect en3700 Fast Ethernet external print server, HP Jetdirect 380x Wi-Fi 802.11b Wireless external print server
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 17.72 x 14.45 x 5.67 in
- Weight, U.S.: 13.18 lb