HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn
SKU: HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425dn (hp Office Products)
A Web-connected MFP for office productivity. Print from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint, and share resources with Ethernet networking. Streamline workflow with access to business apps. Save time with automatic two-sided scanning and copying.
FeaturesIncrease productivity—even on the go.
- HP ePrint—now you can print from virtually anywhere.
- Scan documents directly to email or a network folder—even scan two-sided pages quickly and easily.
- Easily share printing resources with an Ethernet-connected MFP.
- Save time and do more, using a 50-page automatic document feeder with two-sided scan and copy capabilities.
- Use business apps and a color touchscreen to access and print from the web or scan to online storage sites.
- Plug and print in as fast as five minutes—there's no CD required with HP Smart Install.
- Use the easy-access USB port to print from—and save scans to—a flash drive.
- Easily control your print environment and deploy updates using market-leading management tools.
- Print high-quality documents with bold text and sharp images, using Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges.
- Stay productive with HP reliability—this MFP has a recommended monthly page volume of up to 3000 pages.
- Save time with Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges that are reliable and easy to install.
- Print more affordably, using an optional high-capacity Original HP LaserJet black toner cartridge.
- Reduce paper use by up to 50% with automatic two-sided printing.
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.
- Easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners.
- This MFP's compact size is designed to use less space and create less packaging waste.
- Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t.[eco01]
- Save paper by up to 50%, using automatic two-sided printing.
- Reduce energy use with HP Instant-on Technology and Instant-on Copy.[eco02]
- Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- [eco01]HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
- [eco02]Compared with products that use traditional fusing and cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) copying.
|All-in-one functions:||Print, copy, scan, fax, walk-up USB|
|Mobile Printing Capability:||HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Business Applications|
|Print speed black (normal, letter):||Up to 35 ppm|
|Print speed footnote:||Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver and document complexity.|
|Print speed footnote:||Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.|
|Print resolution, black:||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|First page out (black):||As fast as 8 sec|
|Page yield footnote:||Declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752. Actual yields vary considerably based on images printed and other factors. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies|
|Monthly duty cycle:||Up to 50,000 pages|
|Footnote for duty cycle:||Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.|
|Recommended monthly print volume:||750 to 3000|
|Footnote for recommended monthly print volume:||HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.|
|Paper handling standard,input:||50-sheet multipurpose tray 1, 250-sheet input tray 2, automatic duplexer for two-sided printing|
|Paper handling optional,input:||Optional third 500-sheet tray|
|Paper handling standard,output:||150-sheet output bin|
|Envelope capacity:||Up to 10 envelopes|
|Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper):||Automatic (standard)|
|Media sizes, standard:||Letter; legal|
|Output capacity:||Up to 10 envelopes|
|Media sizes, custom:||Multipurpose tray: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; tray 2 and optional 500-sheet tray 3: 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in|
|Media weight:||Tray 1: 16 to 43 lb (straight through paper path for special media); tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray 3: 16 to 32 lb|
|Media types:||Paper (plain, Green mode, light, heavy, bond, color, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; transparencies, cardstock|
|Weight:||33.3 lb (15.1 kg)|
|Processor speed:||800 MHz|
|Memory, standard:||256 MB|
|Memory, maximum:||256 MB|
|Print languages, standard:||HP PCL 5e, HP PCL 6, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, direct PDF (v 1.7) printing|
|Scanner type:||Flatbed, ADF|
|Scan resolution, optical:||Up to 1200 dpi|
|Scan resolution, optical:||Up to 1200 dpi (color and mono, flatbed); Up to 300 dpi (color and mono, ADF)|
|Scan size, maximum (flatbed):||8.5 x 11.7 in|
|Scan size, maximum (ADF):||8.5 x 14 in|
|Scan speed normal, letter (b/w & color):||Up to 20 ppm|
|Fax telehpone handset:||No|
|Scanner duplex feeder:||Yes, dual head scanner for two-sided document scanning in a single pass through ADF|
|Sure Supply Support:||Yes|
|Automatic paper sensor:||Yes|
|Automatic paper sensor:||No, please purchase USB cable separately|
|Digital sending specifications|
|Digital sending features:||Scan direct to email, scan to network folder, or scan to Cloud|
|Supported file formats:||Scan to USB device and scan from the front panel to a network folder both only support: JPG, PDF|
|Maximum number of copies:||Up to 99 copies|
|Copy reduce/enlarge settings:||25 to 400%|
|Copy resolution, black:||Up to 600 x 600 dpi|
|Fax transmission speed (seconds per page):||3 sec per page|
|Fax note:||Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will increase the transmission time.|
|Fax memory:||Up to 300 pages|
|Fax resolution, black (dots per inch):||Up to 300 x 300 dpi (halftone enabled)|
|Fax delayed sending:||Yes|
|Junk fax barrier:||Yes|
|HP ePrint capability:||Yes|
|Connectivity, standard:||1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0; 1 Host USB; 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T; 1 Walk-up USB|
|Mobile printing capability:||HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Business Applications|
|Minimum system requirements:||PC: Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows® XP32 SP2 (32-bit): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port Macintosh: Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network|
|Compatible operating systems:||Full software installs supported on: Microsoft® Windows®7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows Vista® 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® XP 32-bit (SP2 or higher) Driver only installs supported on: Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® Server 2003 32-bit (SP3 or higher) Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7 Linpus Linux : 9.4, 9.5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 5.0, 6.0 OpenSuSE: 11.3, 11.4 Fedora: 14, 15 Ubuntu: 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and HPUX11i|
|Display:||3.5" (8.89 cm) touchscreen control panel, CGD (Color Graphic Display)|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Weight:||33.3 lb (15.1 kg)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||17.32 x 15.07 x 16.67 in (439.9 x 382.7 x 423.5 mm)|
|Dimensions, max (W x D x H):||17.32 x 24.94 x 26 in (multipurpose tray and foldup cover extended; tray 2 extended to legal-size; ADF fully open)|
|Package weight:||43.1 lb|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Power supply:||Input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)|
|Power consumption:||600 watts (Printing), 420 watts (Copying), 10.5 watts (Ready), 9.5 watts (Sleep), 0.1 watts (Off)|
|Power consumption footnote:||Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.|
|Acoustic power emissions:||6.4 B(A)|
|Operating temperature range:||63.5 to 77ºF|
|Recommended Operating humidity range:||10 to 80% RH|
|What's in the box:||HP LaserJet M425dn MFP; HP 80A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~2700 pages); Getting Started Guide, Support flyer; CDs containing device software and electronic User's Guide; power cord(s); Phone cord(s)|
|Cable included?:||No, please purchase USB cable separately|
|Software included?:||Windows: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL 6 print driver, HP WIA Scan Driver, HP TWAIN Scan Driver, HP Scan, HP Fax Setup Wizard, HP Send Fax, HP Fax Print Driver, ReadIris Software; Mac: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PS driver, HP Scan, HP Setup Assistant, HP Fax Print Driver, HP Ink Widget, HP Utility, ReadIris Software, Scan to email/folder setup|
|Warranty:||One-year warranty, return to HP Authorized Service Provider|