HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer M401dw
SKU: HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer M401dw (hp Office Products)
Do more with your workday. Set up anywhere in the office using built-in wireless networking, and share printing resources on a network. Print on the go with mobile printing options. Use business apps to access and print from the Web.
- Wireless productivity—impressive mobility
- Stay connected and productive. Set up anywhere in the office using wireless networking. Share printing resources on a network. Print from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint. Get automatic two-sided printing and fast print speeds.
- Set up anywhere in the office with built-in wireless printing. Use HP Auto Wireless Connect to configure networking. Take advantage of built-in Ethernet to share printing resources on a network.
- Set up and share anywhere in the office with wireless connectivity. Configure networking fast.
- Print from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint.
- Drive productivity and save paper, using automatic two-sided printing.
- Boost productivity with fast print speeds. Do more with up to 300-sheet paper capacity.
- Web-connected ease of use
- Use business apps and the 3.5-inch (8.89 cm) color touchscreen to access and print from the Web.
- Manage your workflow with intuitive features right on the printer. An easy-access USB port enables printing directly from a flash drive.
- Install your printer fast—there's no CD required with HP Smart Install.
- Use the easy-access USB port to print from a flash drive.
- Easily control your print environment with market-leading management tools.
- Professional-quality output for a great value
- Produce professional-quality business prints with bold, crisp text and sharp images.
- Reliably print up to 3000 pages a month. With a high recommended monthly page volume from this dependable printer, you can trust HP to help you handle most print jobs.
- Depend on a printer with up to 3000-page recommended monthly page volume—the ideal fit for reliable printing.
- Save money by saving energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology powers your printer up and down automatically.
- Save time with easy-to-install Original HP cartridges, and save more with high-capacity cartridges.
- Reduced environmental impact
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.
- Reduce paper use by up to 50% with automatic two-sided printing.
- Easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners.
- Reduce packaging waste—Original HP toner cartridges ship in the printer.
- Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t.[eco01]
- Save paper by up to 50% using automatic two-sided printing.
- Free, convenient cartridge recycling in more than 50 countries.[eco02]
- [eco01]HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
- [eco02]Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries and territories around the world through the HP Planet Partners program. For more information, or to request return envelopes and bulk collection boxes, visit http://www.hp.com/recycle.
- Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
|Cable included?:||Yes, 1 USB cable|
|Print speed, black (normal quality mode):||Up to 35 ppm|
|Print speed footnote:||Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.|
|First page out (black):||As fast as 8 sec|
|Print speed (first page out) footnote:||Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver and document complexity.|
|Print resolution, black:||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Monthly duty cycle:||Up to 50,000 pages|
|Footnote for duty cycle:||Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.|
|Recommended monthly print volume:||750 to 3000|
|Footnote for recommended monthly print volume:||HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.|
|Memory, standard:||256 MB|
|Memory, Maxium:||256 MB|
|Processor speed:||800 MHz|
|Print languages, standard:||HP PCL 5e, HP PCL 6, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, direct PDF (v 1.7) printing|
|Memory Slots:||1 slot, 120-pin DIMM (for Nor font flash module)|
|Paper tray(s), standard:||2 / 3|
|Paper tray(s), optional:||3|
|Paper handling standard,input:||50-sheet multipurpose tray 1, 250-sheet input tray 2, automatic duplexer for two-sided printing|
|Paper handling optional,input:||Optional third 500-sheet tray|
|Paper handling standard,output:||150-sheet output bin|
|Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper):||Automatic (standard)|
|Media sizes, custom:||Multipurpose tray: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; tray 2 and optional 500-sheet-tray 3: 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in|
|Media sizes, standard:||Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in|
|Media types:||Paper (plain, Green mode, light, heavy, bond, color, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; transparencies, cardstock|
|HP ePrint capability:||Yes|
|Connectivity, standard:||1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0; 1 Host USB; 1 Ethernet 10/100/1000T network; 1 Walk-up USB; 1 Wireless 802.11b/g/n|
|I/O ports:||1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 1 Host USB 1 Ethernet 10/100/1000T network 1 Wireless 802.11b/g/n|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||14.35 x 14.49 x 10.67 in (364.6 x 368 x 271 mm)|
|Weight:||24.2 lb (11 kg)|
|Media weight:||Tray 1: 16 to 43 lb (straight through paper path for special media); tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray 3: 16 to 32 lb|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Minimum system requirements:||PC: Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows® XP32 SP2 (32-bit): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port Macintosh: Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network|
|Compatible operating systems:||Full software installs supported on: Microsoft® Windows®7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows Vista® 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® XP 32-bit (SP2 or higher) Driver only installs supported on: Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® Server 2003 32-bit (SP3 or higher) Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7 Linpus Linux : 9.4, 9.5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 5.0, 6.0 OpenSuSE: 11.3, 11.4 Fedora: 14, 15 Ubuntu: 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and HPUX11i|
|Sure supply support:||Yes|
|Power consumption:||570 watts (Printing), 7.3 watts (Ready), 6.2 watts (Sleep), 0.1 watts (Off)|
|Power consumption footnote:||Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.|
|Operating temperature range:||63.5 to 77ºF|
|ENERGY STAR® Compliant:||Yes|
|Warranty:||One-year warranty, return to HP Authorized Service Provider|
|Cable included?:||Yes, 1 USB cable|
|What's in the box:||HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dw; HP 80A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~2700 pages); Installation guide, Getting Started guide, Support flyer, Warranty guide; Printer documentation and software on CD-ROM; power cord; USB cable|
|Network ready:||Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b/g/n)|