HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer M401n
SKU: HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer M401n (hp Office Products)
128 MB RAM as standard memory; 1 Hi-Speed USB, 1 Host USB, 1 Walk-up USB, 1 Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-TX network; HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, 2-line LCD (text and graphics) display
Optimize your day-to-day workflow. Print on the go with mobile printing options, and share printing resources on a network. Take advantage of fast print speeds.
- Enhanced productivity—increased mobility
- Drive productivity in—or out of—the office. Print from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint. Share resources with Ethernet networking. Impressive print speeds and outstanding paper tray capacity help you do more.
- Print from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint. And with AirPrint™ you can simply print wirelessly from your iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch®.
- Print from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint.
- Share printing resources with an Ethernet network.
- Boost productivity with print speeds up to 33 ppm A4 and 35 ppm letter.
- Reload paper less often with up to 250-sheet paper capacity.
- Easy to install, easy to use
- Install your printer fast—there's no CD required with HP Smart Install.
- Count on outstanding results—page after page—using Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges designed for your printer. When it's time to replace a toner cartridge, HP SureSupply helps you find and purchase the right supplies.
- Operate your printer with ease, using the 2-line display.
- Receive consistent results with Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges and reorder with HP SureSupply.
- Easily control your print environment with market-leading management tools.
- Professional-quality output for a great value
- Produce professional-quality business prints with bold, crisp text and sharp images.
- Reliably print up to 3000 pages a month. With a high recommended monthly page volume from this dependable printer, you can trust HP to help you handle most print jobs.
- Depend on a printer with up to 3000-page recommended monthly page volume—the ideal fit for reliable printing.
- Save money by saving energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology powers your printer up and down automatically.
- Save time with easy-to-install Original HP cartridges, and save more with high-capacity cartridges.
- Reduced environmental impact
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.
- Easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners.
- Reduce packaging waste—Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges ship in the printer.
- Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
|Cable included?:||No, please purchase USB cable separately|
|Print speed, black (normal quality mode):||Up to 35 ppm|
|Print speed footnote:||Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.|
|First page out (black):||As fast as 8 sec|
|Print speed (first page out) footnote:||Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver and document complexity.|
|Print resolution, black:||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Monthly duty cycle:||Up to 50,000 pages|
|Footnote for duty cycle:||Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.|
|Recommended monthly print volume:||750 to 3000|
|Footnote for recommended monthly print volume:||HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.|
|Memory, standard:||128 MB|
|Memory, Maxium:||128 MB|
|Processor speed:||800 MHz|
|Print languages, standard:||HP PCL 5e, HP PCL 6, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, direct PDF (v 1.7) printing|
|Memory Slots:||1 slot, 120-pin DIMM (for Nor font flash module)|
|Paper tray(s), standard:||2 / 3|
|Paper tray(s), optional:||3|
|Paper handling standard,input:||50-sheet multipurpose tray 1, 250-sheet input tray 2|
|Paper handling optional,input:||Optional third 500-sheet tray|
|Paper handling standard,output:||150-sheet output bin|
|Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper):||Manual (driver support provided)|
|Media sizes, custom:||Multipurpose tray: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; tray 2 and optional 500-sheet-tray 3: 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in|
|Media sizes, standard:||Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in|
|Media types:||Paper (plain, Green mode, light, heavy, bond, color, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; transparencies, cardstock|
|HP ePrint capability:||Yes|
|Connectivity, standard:||1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0; 1 Ethernet 10/100/1000T network|
|I/O ports:||1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 1 Ethernet 10/100/1000T network|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||14.35 x 14.49 x 10.53 in (364.6 x 368 x 267.5 mm)|
|Weight:||22.2 lb (10.1 kg)|
|Media weight:||Tray 1: 16 to 43 lb (straight through paper path for special media); tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray 3: 16 to 32 lb|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Minimum system requirements:||PC: Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows® XP32 SP2 (32-bit): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port Macintosh: Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network|
|Compatible operating systems:||Full software installs supported on: Microsoft® Windows®7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows Vista® 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® XP 32-bit (SP2 or higher) Driver only installs supported on: Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® Server 2003 32-bit (SP3 or higher) Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7 Linpus Linux : 9.4, 9.5 Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 5.0, 6.0 OpenSuSE: 11.3, 11.4 Fedora: 14, 15 Ubuntu: 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and HPUX11i|
|Sure supply support:||Yes|
|Power consumption:||570 watts (Printing), 7.3 watts (Ready), 6.2 watts (Sleep), 0.1 watts (Off)|
|Power consumption footnote:||Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.|
|Operating temperature range:||63.5 to 77ºF|
|ENERGY STAR® Compliant:||No|
|Warranty:||One-year warranty, return to HP Authorized Service Provider|
|Cable included?:||No, please purchase USB cable separately|
|What's in the box:||HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401n; HP 80A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~2700 pages); Installation guide, Getting Started guide, Support flyer, Warranty guide; Printer documentation and software on CD-ROM; power cord|
|Network ready:||Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)|