HP LaserJet 4240n Printer
SKU: HP LaserJet 4240n Printer (hp Office Products)
Create a variety of everyday documents with this small business printer that features standard networking.
- Share the printer and increase workgroup efficiency. With an HP Jetdirect Fast Ethernet embedded print server built into the printer formatter board, two EIO slots remain available to expand your printer's capabilities.
- Connect instantly with reliable Hi-Speed USB 2.0. Deliver even the most complex documents with speed and accuracy. For maximum flexibility, the printer also features an IEEE 1284-B parallel port.
- Enhance your potential with paper-handling flexibility. Increase your maximum input capacity to 3,100-sheets with optional 500-sheet input trays and the optional 1,500-sheet high-capacity input (HCI) tray. The printer's versatile design accommodates HP everyday and specialty papers, supports automatic two-sided printing, and lets you expand output and finishing capabilities with a stacker or stapler/stacker accessory.
- Rely on robust performance for the whole workgroup. With print speeds of up to 40 pages per minute (ppm), workgroups can print consistently high-quality documents and get their work done quickly.
- Get immediate results. Instant-on Technology lets you start printing with almost no wait time, so you can focus on the business at hand instead of waiting for your job to complete.
- Manage your printer remotely. The HP Embedded Web Server enables one-to-one printer management and provides an easy way for you to interact with your printer. Use HP Web Jetadmin to help you manage fleets of network peripherals and save time and money with automatic configuration and proactive notification of device events.
- Simplify troubleshooting and configuration. The control panel features up to four lines of text with helpful animated graphics, so you can easily determine printer and job status and correct problems that arise.
- Enjoy legendary HP reliability. The HP LaserJet 4240n printer and its supplies are built with HP's renowned dependability to stand up to the demands of your office environment.
- Count on HP Smart printing technology. The printer and HP supplies include innovative HP Smart printing technology, which makes automatic adjustments to optimize print quality and enhance reliability. And HP's advanced toner provides highly accurate placement and control to ensure professional-quality documents every time you print.
Product SpecificationsSpeed/monthly volume
- Print speed, black (best quality mode): Up to 40 ppm
- First page out, black: Less than 8 seconds
- Processor speed: 460 MHz
- Recommended monthly volume, maximum: 175000 pages
- Print technology: Laser EP
- Print quality, black: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Resolution technology: HP ProRes 1200, HP FastRes 1200, Resolution Enhancement technology (REt)
- Paper trays, std.: 2
- Paper trays, max.: 5
- Input capacity, std.: Up to 600 sheets
- Input capacity, max.: Up to 3100 sheets
- Standard envelope capacity: Up to 10 envelopes
- Envelope feeder: Yes, 75 (with the purchase of an optional envelope feeder)
- Output capacity, std.: Up to 300 (250-sheet face down in top output bin, 50-sheet face up in rear output bin) sheets
- Output capacity, max.: Up to 800 sheets
- Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper): Optional (with the purchase of an automatic duplex unit)
- Paper Handling, Input (standard): 100-sheet multipurpose Tray 1, 500-sheet input Tray 2
- Paper Handling, Input (optional): 500-sheet input tray, 1500-sheet input tray (up to 3 additional trays for up to 3100-sheet input capacity), two-sided printing accessory, 75-envelope feeder
- Paper Handling, Output (standard): 250-sheet face down top output bin, 50-sheet face up rear output bin
- Paper Handling, Output (optional): 500-sheet stacker or 15-sheet stapler/500-sheet stacker
- Media sizes, std.: Letter, legal, executive, statement, 8.5 x 13 in, envelopes (No. 10, Monarch)
- Media sizes, custom: Multipurpose Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2, optional; Tray 3: 5.8 x 8.3 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media weight, recommended: 20 lb
- Media types: Paper (plain, preprinted, letterhead, prepunched, bond, recycled, color, rough), transparencies, labels, envelopes, cardstock, user-defined
- Memory, std.: 64 MB
- Memory, max.: 512 MB
- Hard disk: Optional, 20 GB HP high-performance EIO hard disk
- Print languages, std.: HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, direct PDF (v 1.3) printing (with at least 128 MB printer memory)
- Typefaces: 80 HP font set (plus Greek, Hebrew, Cyrillic, Arabic)
- Connectivity, std.: Hi-Speed USB (compatible with USB 2.0 specifications), IEEE 1284-B compliant parallel port, 2 open EIO slots, HP Jetdirect Fast Ethernet Embedded Print Server
- Connectivity, opt.: HP Jetdirect EIO internal print servers, HP Jetdirect external print servers, HP wireless print servers, HP Jetdirect EIO conectivity card for USB/serial/LocalTalk, Bluetooth wireless
- Macintosh compatible: Yes
- Print drivers, std.: HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, HP-GL/2
- Dimensions (w x d x h): 16.2 x 41.1 x 21.5 in
- Weight, U.S.: 45 lb