HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525dn
SKU: HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525dn (hp Office Products)
Manage documents and tasks with ease on the 8-inch color touchscreen. Use Quick Sets to launch one-touch workflows. Preview, edit, and zoom images prior to scanning. Centrally manage your environment. Protect sensitive business information.
- Productive, easy-to-use desktop MFP.
- Manage jobs directly at the MFP, using the 8-inch HP Easy Select color touchscreen.
- Get exceptional value from using an optional, high-capacity Original HP LaserJet black toner cartridge.
- Boost productivity—get up to 1600-sheet paper capacity, and print, copy, and scan at impressive speeds.
- Print from virtually anywhere with HP ePrint.Save and print files directly via an easy-access USB port.
- Streamlined workflows and robust scanning features
- Streamline business tasks—HP Quick Sets on the large touchscreen enable one-touch workflows.
- Improve workflow by using touchscreen controls to preview, edit, and digitally send documents at the device.
- Easily send to email or a network folder to incorporate paper documents into digital workflows.
- Automatically remove blank pages in scanned documents to avoid wasted paper.
- Top-flight manageability and security features
- Rely on world-class solutions for deploying, managing, and safeguarding your printing fleet.
- Help increase security and protect business information across your imaging and printing environment.
- Protect documents with PIN printing capabilities, and add security solutions through the hardware integration pocket.
- Extend the capabilities of work-team print environments, using a rich array of easy-to-integrate solutions.
- Outstanding energy- and paper-saving features
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology,and conserve power with Instant-on Technology.
- Use optional HP EcoSMART Fleet to easily create and manage environmental printing policies and practices.
- Conserve resources and save paper—use automatic two-sided printing and PIN printing.
- Easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners.
- Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it, off when you don’t
- Monitor, manage, and control the impact of your printing environment with HP EcoSMART Fleet.
- Reduce waste—scan, store and distribute documents digitally.
- Please recycle your computing hardware and printing supplies. HP asset management and recycling services make responsible disposal easy.
- HP Auto-On/Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
- HP EcoSMART Fleet must be purchased separately.
|All-in-one functions:||Print, copy, scan, digital send, easy access USB drive, (optional fax, advanced digital send, wireless)|
|Mobile Printing Capability:||HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™|
|Print speed black (normal, letter):||Up to 42 ppm|
|Print speed footnote:||Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.|
|Print resolution, black:||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|First page out (black):||As fast as 8.5 sec|
|Page yield footnote:||Declared yield value in accordance with ISO/IEC 19752. Actual yields vary considerably based on images printed and other factors. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/go/learnaboutsupplies|
|Monthly duty cycle:||Up to 75,000 pages|
|Footnote for duty cycle:||Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.|
|Recommended monthly print volume:||2000 to 6000|
|Footnote for recommended monthly print volume:||HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.|
|Paper handling standard,input:||100-sheet multipurpose tray, 500-sheet input tray 2, 50-sheet automatic document feeder|
|Paper handling optional,input:||Optional 500-sheet tray (add up to 2 trays)|
|Paper handling standard,output:||250-sheet output bin, 100-sheet rear output bin|
|Envelope capacity:||Up to 10 envelopes|
|Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper):||Automatic (standard)|
|Media sizes, standard:||Letter; legal; oficio|
|Output capacity:||Up to 10 envelopes|
|Media sizes, custom:||Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray (3, 4): 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in|
|Media weight:||Tray 1: 14 to 53 lb (straight-through paper path for special media and heavier stock); tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray (3, 4): 14 to 32 lb|
|Media types:||Paper (bond, color, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, user-defined|
|Weight:||64.9 lb (29.4 kg)|
|Processor speed:||800 MHz|
|Memory, standard:||1 GB|
|Memory, maximum:||1 GB|
|Print languages, standard:||HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5 (HP PCL 5 driver available from the Web only), HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, native PDF printing (v 1.4)|
|Scanner type:||Flatbed, ADF|
|Scan resolution, optical:||Up to 600 dpi|
|Scan resolution, optical:||Up to 600 dpi|
|Scan size, maximum (flatbed):||8.5 x 14 in|
|Scan size, maximum (ADF):||8.5 x 14 in|
|Scanner duplex feeder:||Yes, reversing ADF|
|Sure Supply Support:||Yes|
|Automatic paper sensor:||Yes|
|Automatic paper sensor:||No, please purchase USB cable separately|
|Digital sending specifications|
|Digital sending features:||Scan to E-mail; Save-to-Network Folder; Save-to-USB drive; Send to FTP; Send to Internet Fax; Local Address Book; SMTP over SSL|
|Supported file formats:||Digital Send: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A; Scan to easy access USB: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A; Print from easy access USB: PDF, PS, Print Ready files (.prn, .pcl, .cht)|
|Maximum number of copies:||Up to 9999 copies|
|Copy reduce/enlarge settings:||25 to 400%|
|Copy resolution, black:||Up to 600 x 600 dpi (flatbed), 300 x 600 dpi (ADF)|
|HP ePrint capability:||Yes|
|Connectivity, optional:||HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11b/g Wireless Print Server J8021A; HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server J8026A (available in 2012)|
|Connectivity, standard:||2 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host; 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device; 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T network; 1 Foreign Interface; 1 Hardware Integration Pocket; 2 Internal USB Host|
|Mobile printing capability:||HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™|
|Mobile Printing Capability Footnote:||Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents, and image types, see http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. And for additional solutions, see http://www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions. Supports the following devices running iOS 4.2 or later: iPad®, iPad® 2, iPhone® (3GS or later), iPod touch® (3rd generation or later). Works with HP’s AirPrint™ enabled printers and requires the printer be connected to the same network as your iOS device. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point. AirPrint, the AirPrint Logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple® Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.|
|Minimum system requirements:||PC: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2+), Windows Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see microsoft.com Macintosh: Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see http://www.apple.com|
|Compatible operating systems:||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (SP2+), Windows Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows Server 2008 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7 For the latest operating system support see: Citrix and Windows Terminal Services (hp.com/go/upd) Novell (novell.com/iprint) Linux (hplip.net) UNIX (hp.com/go/unix, hp.com/go/unixmodelscripts, hp.com/go/jetdirectunix_software) SAP device types (hp.com/go/sap/drivers, hp.com/go/sap/print) HP ePrint Mobile Driver (hp.com/go/eprintmobiledriver)|
|Display:||8.0" (20.3 cm) touchscreen, SVGA LCD (color graphics)|
|Memory Card Compatibility:||None|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Weight:||64.9 lb (29.4 kg)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||20.3 x 21.6 x 22.7 in (516 x 547 x 576 mm)|
|Dimensions, max (W x D x H):||20.3 x 28.2 x 22.7 in (ADF jam door closed, multipurpose tray open, extension out, legal extension flipped)|
|Package weight:||78.3 lb|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Power supply:||110-volt input voltage: 100 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 8.5 A; (Option #AZZ) 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60Hz (+/- 2 Hz), 4.5 A (Not dual voltage, power supply varies by part number with # Option code identifier)|
|Power consumption:||780 watts (printing), 785 watts (copying), 30 watts (ready), 9.6 watts (sleep), 0.9 watts (auto-off), 0.2 watts (off)|
|Power consumption footnote:||Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty. Power consumption value in Auto-Off mode is for Auto-Off/Wake on network and depends on customer network switch capability, user configuration and network activity and may require a firmware upgrade. Off-mode power may vary while checking network packets for print jobs.|
|Acoustic power emissions:||6.7 B(A)|
|Operating temperature range:||59 to 90.5ºF|
|Recommended Operating humidity range:||10 to 80% RH|
|What's in the box:||HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525dn (includes built-in automatic two-sided printing, HP Jetdirect Gigabit Ethernet embedded print server, embedded solid state drive); power cord; HP 55A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge, full capacity (~6000 pages); software and documentation on CD-ROM; Getting Started Guide, support flyer, Warranty Guide (where applicable)|
|Cable included?:||No, please purchase USB cable separately|
|Software included?:||Windows Installer, HP PCL 6 discrete driver, Mac Installer, HP Postscript emulation driver|
|Warranty:||One-year, onsite warranty; one-year technical phone support, chat, and e-mail|