HP LaserJet Pro M521dn Multifunction Printer
SKU: HP LaserJet Pro M521dn Multifunction Printer (hp Office Products)
Finish jobs faster, produce high-quality documents, and make scanning and sharing simple. Get set up and connected quickly.Send quick commands from an intuitive color touchscreen. Easily conserve resources and recycle used cartridges.
- Quickly create, capture, and deliver documents
- Finish faster—with less standing around—using single-pass, dual-head scanning.
- Stay on schedule—print up to 42 pages per minute.Handle high-volume printing without worries.
- Scan documents and send digital files in one easy step—to email, the cloud, network folders, or a USB drive.
- Efficiently handle large jobs, with an input capacity up to 1,100 sheets and automatic two-sided printing.
- Increase efficiency with an easy-to-manage MFP
- Work smarter—access, store, and print business content quickly from the 3.5-inch color touchscreen.
- Go from zero to done, right at the MFP—print, copy, scan, and fax with ease.
- Get a fast start with preinstalled cartridges. Save even more, using optional high-capacity cartridges.
- Efficiently manage this MFP, using HP Web Jetadmin to remotely monitor office printing and device status.
- Set up fast and stay connected
- Get this MFP up and running fast with HP Smart Install—no CD required.
- HP ePrint—now print from your smartphone and tablet from virtually anywhere.
- Use resources more efficiently with 10/100 Ethernet networking—easily print and share.
- Pull print jobs from your pocket—walk up and print right from a memory device via the USB port.
- Improve your energy costs and save resources
- Help save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology, Instant-on Copy, and Instant-on Technology.
- Conserve resources and save paper—use automatic two-sided printing.
- Get centralized, easy access to custom energy-saving options and printer settings with HP EcoSMART Console.
- Reduce your impact—easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners.
- Reduce paper use by up to 50% using automatic two-sided printing.
- Reduce energy use with HP Instant-on Technology and HP Instant-on Copy.
- Save energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don’t.
- Compared with products that use traditional fusing and cold cathode fluorescent lamp (CCFL) copying.
- HP Auto-On and Auto-Off Technology subject to printer and settings.
|All-in-one functions:||Print, copy, scan, fax|
|Mobile Printing Capability:||HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Mobile Apps|
|Print speed black (normal, letter):||Up to 42 ppm|
|Print speed footnote:||Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver and document complexity.|
|Print speed footnote:||Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity.|
|Print resolution, black:||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|First page out (black):||As fast as 8.0 sec|
|Monthly duty cycle:||75000|
|Footnote for duty cycle:||Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.|
|Recommended monthly print volume:||2000 to 6000|
|Footnote for recommended monthly print volume:||HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.|
|Paper handling standard,input:||100-sheet multipurpose tray, 500-sheet input tray 2, 50-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)|
|Paper handling optional,input:||Optional 500-sheet tray (add up to 1 trays)|
|Paper handling standard,output:||250-sheet output bin, 100-sheet rear output bin|
|Envelope capacity:||Up to 10 envelopes|
|Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper):||Automatic (standard)|
|Media sizes, standard:||Letter; legal; oficio|
|Output capacity:||Up to 10 envelopes|
|Media sizes, custom:||Tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; tray 2, optional 500-sheet tray (3): 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in|
|Media types:||Paper (bond, color, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, user-defined|
|Weight:||52.7 lb (22.3 kg)|
|Processor speed:||800 MHz|
|Memory, standard:||256 MB|
|Memory, maximum:||256 MB|
|Print languages, standard:||HP PCL 6; HP PCL 5c; HP postscript level 3 emulation, PCLm|
|Scanner type:||Flatbed, ADF|
|Scan resolution, optical:||75, 150, 300|
|Scan resolution, optical:||Up to 300, 600, 1200 dpi|
|Bit depth:||24 bit (8 bit for grayscale duplex jobs)|
|Scan size, maximum (flatbed):||8.5 x 11.7 in|
|Scan size, maximum (ADF):||8.5 x 14 in|
|Fax telehpone handset:||No|
|Scanner duplex feeder:||Yes|
|Sure Supply Support:||Yes|
|Automatic paper sensor:||Yes|
|Automatic paper sensor:||Yes, 1 USB (AP & Brazil only); No, please purchase USB cable separately (EMEA, Americas except Brazil)|
|Digital sending specifications|
|Digital sending features:||Scan- to-Email; Scan-to-Network Folder; Scan-to-USB drive|
|Supported file formats:||Digital Send: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A; Scan to easy access USB: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A; Print from easy access USB: PDF, PS, Print Ready files (.prn, .pcl, .cht)|
|Maximum number of copies:||Up to 99 copies|
|Copy reduce/enlarge settings:||25 to 400%|
|Copy resolution, black:||Up to 600 x 600 dpi|
|Fax transmission speed (seconds per page):||3 sec per page|
|Fax note:||Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.|
|Fax memory:||Up to 250 pages|
|Fax resolution, black (dots per inch):||Up to 300 x 300 dpi|
|Fax delayed sending:||Yes|
|Junk fax barrier:||Yes, requires Caller ID|
|HP ePrint capability:||Yes|
|Connectivity, optional:||HP Jetdirect ew2500 802.11b/g Wireless Print Server J8021A; HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server J8026A|
|Connectivity, standard:||1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device; 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host; 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-TX; 1 Telecom; 1 Phone|
|Mobile printing capability:||HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Mobile Apps|
|Minimum system requirements:||PC: Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows XP (32-bit) SP2: Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM 400 MB free hard disk space, CD/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port Macintosh: Mac OSX v 10.6; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network port|
|Compatible operating systems:||Full software installs supported on: Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit (SP2 or higher) Driver only installs supported on: Windows 2012 Windows Server 2008 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows Server 2003 32-bit (SP3 or higher) Mac OS X v 10.6.8 and later Linpus Linux (9.4, 9.5), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.0 (supported with a pre-built package) SUSE Linux (10.3, 11.0, 11, 11.1, 11.2), Fedora (9, 9.0, 10, 10.0, 11.0, 11, 12, 12.0), Ubuntu (8.04, 8.04.1, 8.04.2, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10, 10.04), Debian (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3) (supported by the automatic installer) HPUX 11 and Solaris 8/9|
|Display:||3.5" (8.89 cm) touchscreen, LCD (color graphics)|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Weight:||52.7 lb (22.3 kg)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H):||18.3 x 18.3 x 20 in (465 x 465 x 508 mm)|
|Dimensions, max (W x D x H):||18.3 x 35.4 x 29.5 in|
|Package weight:||65.05 lb|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Power supply:||Input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60Hz (+/- 2 Hz) and 220V-240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60Hz (+/- 2 Hz)|
|Power consumption:||760 watts (Printing), 520 watts (Copying from ADF), 18.2 watts (Ready), 4.3 watts (Sleep), 0.3 watts (Off)|
|Power consumption footnote:||Values subject to change. Power numbers are the highest values measured using all standard voltages. See hp.com/support for current information. Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This will damage the printer and void the product warranty.|
|Acoustic power emissions:||6.7 B(A)|
|Operating temperature range:||59 to 90.5ºF|
|Recommended Operating humidity range:||10 to 80% RH|
|What's in the box:||HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521dn; HP LaserJet Black introductory cartridge (~6000 pages); Printer documentation and software on CDs (Windows/Mac OS installation CD & ReadIris CD including OCR software); Installation guide, Support flyer, Warranty Card; power cord; USB cable (AP & Brazil only); Fax Cable|
|Cable included?:||Yes, 1 USB (AP & Brazil only); No, please purchase USB cable separately (EMEA, Americas except Brazil)|
|Software included?:||Windows: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP PCL 6 print driver, HP WIA Scan Driver, HP TWAIN Scan Driver, HP Scan, HP Fax Setup Wizard, HP Send Fax, HP Fax Print Driver, Status Alerts, HP Update, DXP, ReadIris Software; Mac: HP Installer/Uninstaller, HP Postscript driver, HP Scan, HP Setup Assistant, HP Fax Print Driver, HP Utility, HP Alerts, HP Firmware Updater, ReadIris Software|
|Warranty:||One-year limited warranty, Onsite|