HP LaserJet 9050 Printer
SKU: HP LaserJet 9050 Printer (hp Office Products)
Two 500-sheet input trays for 1,000 sheet capacity, 64 MB total memory, two empty EIO slots.
- Minimize user intervention and maximize flexibility. With a 100-sheet multipurpose tray, two 500-sheet input trays, an optional 2,000-sheet input tray, and an extensive selection of output accessories, the HP LaserJet 9050 series printer meets your high-volume needs.
- Take advantage of advanced finishing options. With the 2,000-sheet 8 bin mailbox, assign each bin to an individual, workgroup, or department, to enable easy job retrieval. The mailbox features a sorter/collator, a stacker, and a job separator for fast, simple document customizations. Employ an optional 3,000-sheet stacker, 3,000-sheet stapler/stacker, or a 1,000-sheet multifunction finisher for booklets to enable efficient document production.
- Automatically produce professional two-sided documents. Routinely printing documents on both sides virtually doubles your input capacity and makes paperwork more manageable. (Automatic two-sided printing comes standard with the HP LaserJet 9050dn printer.)
- Expand your connectivity options as your needs grow. Two open EIO slots provide high performance solutions. Add the optional 20 GB hard disk or HP Jetdirect wireless Ethernet networking and increase your productivity.
- Increase your printing options. Adjustable paper trays allow edge-to-edge printing on custom media up to 12.3 by 18.5 inches and provide a variety of media simultaneously to meet your specialized needs. The 100-sheet multipurpose tray supports custom heavy custom media up to 58 lb and all trays support media up to 53 lb to offer the utmost in versatility.
- Manage your business more efficiently with integrated solutions. Optional HP and third-party software provide integrated solutions for businesses, including form, check, and barcode printing, to help your business run smoothly.
- Save valuable time and cut costs. Optional installation and configuration services, maintenance kits, and extended warranty options make the printer worry-free.
- Automatically produce professional two-sided documents. Routinely printing documents on both sides virtually doubles you input capacity and makes paperwork more manageable.
- Enjoy effortless network management. Use HP Web Jetadmin for remote installation, configuration, and proactive management of your network peripherals. The HP Embedded Web Server performs remote diagnostics, sends e-mail alerts, provides job tracking and accounting information, to save you time and money. (These features are only available with an HP Jetdirect print server, standard with HP LaserJet 9050n, 9050dn printers.)
- Get professional printing at up to 50 pages per minute (ppm) and a fast first page out. The quick, reliable printer delivers a first page out in less than 8 seconds for most office documents. Industry-leading professional print quality and HP Smart printing technology let you print multiple originals with consistently great-looking results. (Using genuine HP supplies ensures availability of all HP printing features.)
- Receive automatic supplies alerts. Each print cartridge features HP Smart printing technology* that works with your printer to provide supplies information for simple maintenance and maximum uptime. When you receive an alert that a cartridge is low or out, you can enjoy convenient, online ordering with HP SureSupply. *Using genuine HP supplies ensures availability of all HP printing features.
- Print office documents with ease. HP LaserJet 9050n and 9050dn printers yield fast file throughput for all your document production needs with an HP Jetdirect Fast Ethernet embedded print server for easy networking. All printers feature a quick, 533 MHz processor speed and expandable memory up to 512 MB, to gracefully handle your most complex documents.
- Enable simple and secure printing. The intuitive 10-key LCD control panel delivers effortless printer interaction. Use the Private Job feature to release confidential documents from the control panel. The Proof and Hold feature lets you review one copy of a multiple-copy print job and then use the control panel to release remaining copies.
OverviewHigh-performance, high-volume, 11 x 17 black-and-white printer with versatile paper-handling options, such as stapler/stacker, 8-bin mailbox, and multifunction finisher. Get HP reliability with this cost-effective printer for your department needs.
|Glossary of terms|
|Glossary||Definitions of specifications and terms to assist in your buying process.|
|Print speed, black (best quality mode)||Up to 50 ppm|
|Print speed, black (normal quality mode)||Up to 50 ppm|
|Monthly duty cycle||Up to 300000 pages|
|*Footnote for duty cycle||Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.|
|Recommended monthly print volume||15000 to 50000 pages|
|*Footnote for recommended monthly print volume||HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.|
|First page out (black)||Less than 8 sec|
|Processor speed||533 MHz|
|Printer page yield||View additional yield information|
|Print quality, black||600 x 600 dpi [with HP FastRes 1200 and Resolution Enhancement technology (REt)]|
|Resolution technology||REt, HP FastRes 1200|
|Number of cartridges||1 (black)|
|Paper tray(s), standard||3|
|Paper tray(s), maximum||4|
|Input capacity, standard||Up to 1100 sheets|
|Input capacity, maximum||Up to 3100 sheets|
|Envelope input, standard||Up to 10 envelopes|
|Output capacity, standard||Up to 600 sheets|
|Output capacity, maximum||Up to 3600 sheets (with optional 3000-sheet stacker or stapler/stacker), up to 2500 sheets (with optional 8-bin mailbox), up to 1600 sheets (with optional multifunction finisher)|
|Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper)||9050n: Automatic (optional) 9050dn: Automatic (standard or optional varies by product)|
|Paper handling, input (standard)||9050n: Two 500-sheet input trays, 100-sheet multipurpose tray 9050dn: Two 500-sheet input trays, 100-sheet multipurpose tray, automatic duplex unit|
|Paper handling, input (optional)||9050dn: 2000-sheet input tray 9050n: 2000-sheet input tray, automatic duplex unit|
|Paper handling, output (standard)||600-sheet output bin (500 sheets face down, 100 sheets face up)|
|Paper handling, output (optional)||Optional 3000-sheet stacker (requires 2000-sheet input tray) or optional 3000-sheet stapler/stacker (requires 2000-sheet input tray) or optional multifunction finisher (requires 2000-sheet input tray); optional 8-bin mailbox (requires 2000-sheet input tray)|
|Media sizes, standard||Letter, legal, tabloid, executive, JPostD, envelopes (No. 10, C5, DL, Monarch, B5)|
|Media sizes, custom||Multipurpose Tray 1: 3.9 x 7.5 to 12.3 x 18.5 in; automatic two-sided printing unit, Trays 2, 3, 8-bin mailbox: 5.8 x 8.3 to 11.7 x 17 in ; Optional Tray 4: 7.2 x 8.3 to 11.7 x 17 in|
|Media types||Paper (bond, color, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough), labels, cardstock, transparencies|
|Memory, standard||128 MB|
|Memory, maximum||512 MB|
|Memory slots||Two 100-pin DDR DIMM slots|
|Hard disk||Optional, 20 GB HP High-performance EIO Hard Disk|
|Print languages, standard||HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, direct PDF printing (v 1.3), XHTML-Print v 0.95, HP PJL (Printer Job Language), PML (Printer Management Language)|
|Typefaces||80 internal TrueType fonts scalable in HP PCL and HP Postscript Level 3 emulation; additional font solutions available via DIMMs|
|Connectivity, standard||Bidirectional IEEE 1284-B compliant parallel port, 2 open EIO slots, HP Jetdirect Fast Ethernet Embedded Print Server|
|Connectivity, optional||HP Jetdirect EIO internal print servers, HP Jetdirect external print servers, wireless connectivity|
|Print drivers, standard||HP PCL 5e, HP PCL 6, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation|
|Minimum system requirements||9050n: PC: Microsoft Windows 95 (basic functions only), 98: Pentium 90 with 16 MB RAM; Windows Me: Pentium 150 with 32 MB RAM; Windows NT 4.0: Pentium 90 with 32 MB RAM; Windows 2000: 300 MHz Processor with 64 MB RAM; Windows XP: 233 MHz Processor with 64 MB RAM; 180 MB free hard disk space for Windows, 160 MB for Mac; Mac OS 8.6, 9.0, 9.04, 9.1, 9.2, 10.1; CD-ROM drive or Internet connection; dedicated IEEE 1284 parallel port Macintosh: Mac OS 8.6, 9.0, 9.04, 9.1, 9.2, 10.1, Power PC G3, G4, G5, or Intel Core processor; 4 MB available RAM and 160 MB available hard disk space; AppleTalk 9050dn: PC: Windows 2000: 300 MHz Processor with 64 MB RAM; Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional: 233 MHz processor with 64 MB RAM; 180 MB free hard disk space for Windows, 1 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM [Windows Vista(TM) Ready, check user guide for minimum hard drive space], 160 MB for Mac; Mac OS 8.6, 9.0, 9.04, 9.1, 9.2, 10.1; CD-ROM drive or Internet connection; dedicated IEEE 1284 parallel port Macintosh: Mac OS 8.6, 9.0, 9.04, 9.1, 9.2, 10.1, Power PC G3, G4, G5, or Intel Core processor; 4 MB available RAM and 160 MB available hard disk space; AppleTalk|
|Power consumption||9050n: ENERGY STAR® qualified|
|Compatible network operating systems|
|Compatible Operating Systems||9050dn: Windows 2000; Windows XP Home; Windows XP Professional; Certified for Windows Vista(TM); Mac OS 9; Mac OS X 9050n: Windows NT 4.0; Windows 98; Windows 2000; Windows Me; Windows XP Home; Windows XP Professional; Windows Vista(TM) Ready; Mac OS 9; Mac OS X|
|Certified for Windows Vista(TM)||9050dn:|
|Dimensions, max. (W x D x H)||55 x 42.7 x 40.8 in|
|Dimensions, std. (W x D x H)||55 x 24.9 x 23.6 in|
|Weight, U.S.||9050n: 153 lb 9050dn: 168 lb|
|Warranty, standard||One-year, next business day onsite warranty|
|What's in the box|
|What's in the box||9050dn: HP LaserJet 9050dn Printer, 100-sheet multipurpose tray, two 500-sheet input trays, HP Jetdirect Fast Ethernet Embedded Print Server, automatic two-sided printing unit, face-up output bin, power cord, print cartridge, printer documentation, printer software CD-ROM, control panel overlay 9050n: HP LaserJet 9050n Printer, 100-sheet multipurpose tray, two 500-sheet input trays, HP Jetdirect Fast Ethernet Embedded Print Server, face-up output bin, power cord, print cartridge, printer documentation, printer software CD-ROM, control panel overlay|
|Software included||Print drivers and installation software on CD-ROM: HP PCL 5c, HP PCL 6, HP PostScript emulation|