Get the Most Out Of Your Printer
Tired of running out of ink too soon? Getting poor copy quality? Here are some quick tips and tricks to help you extend the life of your printer and ink cartridges:
- Print in “Draft Mode.” If you are printing out hardcopies of documents for your own personal use, it might be a good idea to print the document out using “draft mode.” “Draft mode” is usually an option offered to you in your printer dialogue box. By selecting this feature, you will get a lower quality document that will still be perfect for your own records, but will use far less ink!
- Edit email and websites before you print them. Emails and websites can contain images or banner ads that will deplete your colored ink supplies. If you don’t need a record of these images, try cutting and pasting the text you need into a word processing program before printing the documents.
- Clean your printer heads. If you are noticing streaks in your printing jobs, it might be time to invest in a good cleaner!
- Shake, shake, shake! If a cleaner isn’t resolving the problem, something as simple as taking out the cartridge and shaking it can be enough to break up some of the dust or particles clogging your printer heads.
- A printer is as cheap as its ink cartridges. Don’t be fooled by “bargain printers.” Check to see how much its cartridges cost in comparison to how long they last before you buy.
Need more help extending the life of your printer? Our print solutions team is here to help you out!