Are you regularly backing up your files? You should be! You owe it not only to yourself, but to you clients to make sure your files and information are secure and accessible. Here are a few reasons why just saving your files on your desktop may not be enough.
1. Hard Drive Failure and Computer Crashes. Raise your hand if you have ever seen the dreaded Blue Screen of Death!
2. Viruses. It just takes one wrong click to compromise your data! Make sure you aren’t keeping all your hard work in just one place.
3. Fire, Flood and Other Acts of God. Everybody thinks it can’t happen to them. If you spend the money to insure your business and property, you can spend the time to back up your files.
4. Forgotten Passwords. We’ve all done it! Don’t get locked out of your files; back them up in more than one place so that you always have access.
5. Accidental Deletion. Ever delete a file folder without considering first what was in it? Don’t let this happen again! Back up early and often.
We offer several great methods for protecting your files. Ask us about cloud storage, disaster recovery, network security and more! We’ll be happy to help.
Do you have a story about losing a file? Share your lessons with us on social media or in the comments below!